At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to enable people to invest in their future, so they can live the life they want to live. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which is making investing easy, for everyone.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 200,000 financial members and surpassed $1 billion in funds under management – but we’re just getting started.
What will you be doing?
As a Product Manager at Spaceship, you will lead product initiatives from inception through execution to deliver financial products and experiences that delight our customers.
You will achieve this by:
- Discovering, scoping, building, user-testing, and iterating new features and products on Spaceship's app and website.
- Working collaboratively across the organisation to continually improve Spaceship’s product experiences, with consideration for relevant financial services obligations.
- Partnering with Decision Science to understand key metrics, and utilise insights and experimentation to measure success and inform product decisions.
- Developing a deep understanding of Spaceship’s customers through product data, competitive analysis, and user research.
- Driving customer-driven decisions, clear prioritisation, and efficient execution in the face of ambiguity and complexity.
- Acting as the primary conduit between Product and Engineering, while supporting the collection and grooming of ideas for prioritisation considering capacity allocation and technical delivery feasibility.
- Scoping and delivering business justification for new features, thereby allowing the business to prioritise product deliverables through the prioritisation process.
- Executing on the product roadmap through a prioritised backlog, while managing the trade-offs between customer experience, business requirements, operational improvements, technical limitations, performance, and resourcing capacity.
- Sharing project timelines and roadmaps with stakeholders and maintaining accountability on deliverables.
- Developing detailed, crisp business requirements, user stories, process maps and technical specifications to produce product specifications that clearly outlines the objectives and ensures delivery of seamless customer experiences that add value.
- Working alongside technical experts to identify and unblock key technical constraints holding back the platform experience.
- Owning change management by ensuring a seamless handover of new features into BAU through training and communication of upcoming change.
- Supporting the Chief Product Officer in mapping out customer journeys and the product roadmap.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of product management, ideally with fintech experience.
- A technical background is preferred, though not essential.
- A high degree of empathy for our customers.
- A delivery and execution mindset.
- An ability to quickly build relationships.
- A high degree of self-awareness and technical curiosity.
- An ability to influence and collaborate across different teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options.
- Monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- Emphasis on a healthy work/life balance.
- Flexibility to work from home or the office.
Who are we?
We are ~50 people passionate about enabling people to invest in their future.
We value forward-thinking, accessibility, curiosity, transparency and simplicity in everything we do - from the way we collaborate to the products we create.
Spaceship has raised more than $50m to date from some of the world’s most renowned investors including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Grok Ventures, Valar Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and New Enterprise Associates.