At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to enable people to invest in their future, so they can live the life they want to live. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which aims to make investing in a diversified portfolio simple, transparent and accessible.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 55,000 financial members and nearly $300 million in funds under management — but we’re just getting started.
What will you be doing?
As a Software Engineer at Spaceship, you will work in a cohesive team environment where each engineer influences the technical and architectural direction. Our stack is modern - React / React Native in the frontend; Go in the backend - all running in a containerised microservice architecture.
Working on the backend, you will:
- Have an impact on the technical direction of the system
- Shape what the future of investment looks like as code
- Solve problems in an interesting and unique domain, that previously existed only in spreadsheets
- Work on an extremely modern stack comprised of the newest technologies, no .NET or PHP in sight
- Gain exposure to the inner workings of finance
What are we looking for?
Our preference is to hire a mid-senior engineer with experience in the technologies we are using, but at the same time, we know the best people learn quickly. So if you’re an awesome engineer with a different profile - we are still interested.
That being said, our ideal wishlist is:
- 3+ years experience as a backend software engineer
- Proficiency in Golang, SQL, Microservices
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options
- Monthly health and wellness reimbursement
- Emphasis on a healthy work/life balance
- Height adjustable workstations
- Kitchen stocked with food and drink
- Office located in the heart of Sydney’s CBD
Who are we?
We are ~30 people passionate about helping people invest in their future.
We value forward-thinking, accessibility, curiosity, transparency and simplicity in everything we do - from the way we collaborate to the products we create.
Spaceship has raised more than $40m to date from some of the world’s most renowned venture capitalists, including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and New Enterprise Associates.