SpaceIQ makes your workplaces smarter and your employee experiences better. Businesses that need a centralized data-driven platform to make better informed decisions about real estate, want to plan and manage a more productive and efficient work environment, and want to give their employees a frictionless experience so they can do their best work, come to SpaceIQ. Our mission is to help businesses of all sizes reach their full potential by creating great workplaces that attract and retain the talent they need to grow and succeed. If you are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial career opportunity, join SpaceIQ and our suite of products: Archibus, Serraview and SiQ in transforming the workplace
The Accounting Director APAC is an active, organized, hands-on, deadline-driven leader who will lead and manage the Australian accounting operations. The Accounting Director will have the proven ability to lead day-to-day accounting department processes, key player in the global month-end close processes, actively participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures. The successful candidate will have solid experience managing a small accounting team, strong accounting experience, expert on local AASB GAAP and operational tax obligations.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for daily accounting functions, such as billing, collections, fixed assets, cash management and GST
- Create, recommend and prepare account reconciliations on a monthly cadence
- Own monthly close processes and show full ownership in monthly reconciliation and reporting functions.
- Manage timely billing and collections processes
- Work with local tax firm for preparation of Statutory accounts
- Ability to meet metric reporting timelines (weekly cash/monthly metrics)
- Assist in completion of annual accounting and tax audits
- Assist, establish or recommend proper accounting processes and procedures
- Establish in country procedures and systems to support local and global processes
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and data requirements as needed.
- Work with HR to accurately record payroll
Job Requirements & Experience:
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager for a SaaS software company
- 8-10 years of accounting experience
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP, AASB
- US ASC 606 Experience
- Systems proficiency: Intacct, SalesForce, Office365
- Strong reconciliation skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated effectiveness in staff management, development and team building
- Strong and proactive communicator
- Worked for a US SaaS company a plus!
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- CPA or CA certification
- Employee Assistance Program
- Open plan, relaxed central office with table tennis table, arcade machine, fresh fruit, fitness activities and drinks fridge
- Enthusiastic social committee
What’s in it for you:
- Be a part of a company that is changing the workplace
- Be a part of a fast-paced global team
- Twice a week, virtual fitness classes
- Women’s Club
- Awesome New Hire Welcome Package
- Challenging and fulfilling work.
- Close interaction with product stakeholders and our development teams.
- Great benefits such as work flexibility.
- Global online celebration, recognition and communication platform
- Growth and Development Opportunities
- All equipment provided to succeed in your role
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or national origin.
Successful candidates may be asked to complete background checks and provide Covid vaccine verification.