SpaceIQ makes your workplaces smarter and your employee experiences better. Businesses that need a centralized data-driven platform to make better informed decisions about real estate, want to plan and manage a more productive and efficient work environment, and want to give their employees a frictionless experience so they can do their best work, come to SpaceIQ. Our mission is to help businesses of all sizes reach their full potential by creating great workplaces that attract and retain the talent they need to grow and succeed. If you are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial career opportunity, join SpaceIQ and our suite of products: Archibus, Serraview and SiQ in transforming the workplace.
We are looking for a design leader for our growing product suite. You will work closely with our Product Managers, Engineering and Clients to consolidate and evolve our user experiences across the current and future product lines into one that is consistent, standardized and most importantly one that we’re proud of because customers love.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about people, user experience design and digital products and have proven experience leading a UX design team. They will immerse themselves in our business to understand our people, process, clients, and goals, and then use their knowledge and experience to improve and systematize our user experience design process.
Our teams are dispersed globally, so you must be happy to meet with your team and other key staff based overseas, outside of normal business hours. We empower you to keep work in balance with your life and family commitments. We know you will love working with our awesome people and we want this to be sustainable for you.
You are joining our highly successful company at a pivotal time in our growth. This role comes with exciting projects, exquisite challenges, an amazing team, and career-defining opportunities to build sensational products that pop.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Lead and mentor the UX Design team in their efforts to design and improve the usability of our products.
- Lead user experience research work to understand customer challenges in using our products, opportunities to improve, developing and testing alternative designs and driving out rough-edges in high-impact areas.
- Lead the development of a consistent design system that we can apply across our entire product suite to deliver consistent, low-friction, quick-to-implement experiences for users who are using one or more of our products.
- Work collaboratively with product management and engineering to translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Graphic design of iconography and graphic elements as needed by the product lines
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
- 5+ Years’ experience designing B2B applications, in an agile environment, that have a strong emphasis on usability
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of UX designers a plus
- Demonstrated ability to design graphic elements where required
- Strong familiarity with modern web and mobile application development
- User engagement and design validation skills
- Designing for user personas
- Rapid design & prototyping using wireframes and tools like Figma, Sketch, Invision, etc.
- Creating design systems and pattern libraries
- Planning & conducting user testing, analyzing results and presenting actionable items
- Undergraduate degree in Design (Visual Communication), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field/equivalent practical experience.
- Health, Dental, & Vision
- Dependent, Spousal and Domestic Partner coverage available
- Up to $1000 Company HSA Contribution
- Medical, Dependent Care and Limited FSA Accounts
- Income Protection and Replacement - 100% Company Paid
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Cash accumulation and Work/Life balance
- Up to 4% - 401(k) company match (immediate 100% vesting)
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible PTO
- 2 Weeks Parental Leave
What’s in it for you:
- Be a part of a company that is changing the workplace.
- Be a part of a fast-paced global team.
- Twice a week, virtual fitness classes.
- Women’s Club.
- Awesome New Hire Welcome Package.
* Please note that this position is 100% remote.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled