About the Team
The Publisher Growth team at Sovrn is responsible for building new relationships with key publishers in order to better understand their business and needs, and help drive revenue for Sorvn. Our goal is to be world class in everything we do, from the service we provide our publishers to our interactions with teammates and colleagues. We’re a lean and efficient group from around the world, and we ground our work in a sense of community that’s built on our collective strengths. We help each other excel professionally with regular training and empathetic feedback sessions, and we take our team building exercises just as seriously. Our mission is simple: give publishers the tools they need to do more of what they love and less of what they don’t.
For this role, we are hiring a key sales leader who will be focused on our Ad Management solutions (fka Proper Media).
About the Job
Sovrn Ad Management is at the forefront of delivering enterprise level monetization solutions for publishers. If you want to make an impact in the digital publishing space, this role allows you to form deep relationships and drive meaningful results that help publishers operate and thrive. You will be working with some of the foremost experts in the space and with a product that is differentiated by technology, service, and pricing.
Sovrn is looking for an experienced sales professional who can manage the entire sales cycle from prospect to implementation for the Ad Management business. In this role you will identify and close new publishers that are a fit for the Ad Management platform, and contribute towards the go to market strategy. You should have existing relationships with publishers large and small and know the programmatic advertising space and its players well. Experience in previous Ad Management sales roles is a requirement.
What You’ll Be Doing: (Responsibilities)
- Identifying, prospecting, and closing new publishers to create relationships and generate new revenue for the business line
- Pipeline management in Salesforce and reporting on new business opportunities
- Act as a subject matter expert in the space and be capable of speaking about industry trends, vendors, products, and technologies
- Being an ambassador for Sovrn’s best in class suite of Ad Management solutions
- Partner with a broad range of internal teams (marketing, SDRs, legal, ad ops) to support the sales efforts. Deliver against set KPIs
- Proactive and capable of opening doors across medium to large Publishers
- Ability to persuade executive level management of Sovrn’s value proposition
- Spearhead the development of and dialogue around complex, sometimes custom solutions for Publishers with assistance from Ops, Product and other teams
- Attending conferences and trade shows to cultivate relationships
You have been in the ad tech industry for a while and want to make the most out of your relationships to help publishers operate through a suite of solutions that will have a material impact on their business. A self-starter that is eager to learn more about operating and monetizing a digital publisher at the highest level. Experience in programmatic is critical.
You possess strong sales skills and bring experience in both generating new business and developing lasting relationships with clients. You strive to exceed revenue targets through active selling, product implementation and managing expectations for new and existing clients. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have: (Qualifications)
- 7-10 years of experience in publisher facing sales/growth or customer success at an ad tech platform (SSP, Ad Network, misc. vendor, outsourced monetization/ ad ops company)
- Deep knowledge of the programmatic industry, site monetization, and digital publishing strategy
- Understanding of prebid/ header bidding functionality
- Comfortable “owning” a number and delivering consistent revenue growth for the business through the addition of new publisher clients
- Capable of communicating effectively with ad ops teams and C-Suite (CTO, CFO, CEO)
- Some experience managing sales teams
- Ideal desired experience includes coming from prior roles bringing Publisher relevant contacts as well as proven success selling solutions in the Programmatic space
- Self motivated and capable of working independently
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; or equivalent professional working experience
- Strong communication, presentation, influencing skills, and an ability to persuade at all levels of a company
- Growth Mindset: We are a fast-growing company, and need people who will take initiative and take ownership to be successful in the role
- Proactive problem solver capable of identifying issues and generating solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage complex relationships
- Background in programmatic Ad Ops or with Google Ad Manager
- Working knowledge of the technical environment (able to discuss on page implementation or basic knowledge of HTML, JS, Web Development)
- Experience with Looker or other BI tools
- Publisher side experience in operating a website
Position Reports to: VP, Publisher Growth
Location: Open to candidates in New York, New Jersey, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Remote
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Sovrn provides products and services to thousands of online publishers to help them understand, operate and grow their business. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, with offices in New York, San Diego and London.
With thousands of customers deploying advertising, affiliate marketing, and data products across 40,000 websites, Sovrn reaches over 300 million active consumers across more than 11 billion pageviews every day. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don't.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $135,000 to $160,000 (base salary - not including any related bonuses or commissions). Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications, and location.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.