About the Team
The Publisher Growth team at Sovrn is responsible for building relationships with key publishers in order to better understand their business and needs. Our goal is to be world class in everything we do, from the service we provide our publishers to our interactions with teammates and colleagues. We’re a lean and efficient group from around the world, and we ground our work in a sense of community that’s built on our collective strengths. We help each other excel professionally with regular training and empathetic feedback sessions, and we take our team building exercises just as seriously. Our mission is simple: give publishers the tools they need to do more of what they love and less of what they don’t.
About the Job
As a Sales Engineer on the Publisher team, you will help develop relationships with customers, manage integrations, troubleshoot technical solutions, and explore new optimizations to increase revenue and lower costs. You will be an expert on the advertising product suite and will work closely with product, engineering, and sales teams, including supporting sales and account management teams on calls and in email communication with customers. The Sales Engineer plays a key role in helping our global team of Account Executives, product leaders, and support leads to aid in technical sales, onboarding support, and delivering key feedback to improve our products.
This role is about generating and closing new opportunities while playing a key role supporting the Publisher Growth Team - here are a few key expectations:
- Know the Tech: Quickly get up to speed on Sovrn’s technical capabilities. Understand the unique features and customer benefits our platform offers and how to speak with confidence, knowledge, and credibility about what we bring to our customers. This is likely to include sitting in on our product and technology teams' regular meetings. Provide market feedback through management channels.
- Support the Sales Process: From your first day, you will be expected to work on real customer opportunities through a sales process, from initial engagement to pricing discussions to final contract negotiations. Use your ad tech knowledge to educate, problem-solve, and deliver guidance to our customers. You may occasionally be asked to help with RFPs and questionnaires. At any given time, you may be supporting as many as 10-15 opportunities in various stages of that process.
- Engage with Customer Opportunities: You're someone who must love working with customers. Your audience will be with our customers' developers, product managers, engineers, and business heads. Our Publisher Growth team will rely on you to ensure the key technical influencers of our customers deeply understand our technology, what makes it different (and better than that of our competitors), and how to quickly get integrated and live. We’ll also count on you to be a trusted adviser to clients and explain complex solution use cases in layman’s terms to prospects.
- Trendspotting: As you engage with customers and our team, we think you'll have the best vantage point from which to spot key trends and emerging customer needs in the market where Sovrn can have an advantage.
- 3+ years of working experience selling ad tech platforms and solutions to publishers and/or relevant SaaS enterprise software sales engineering experience
- Understand how to support the sales cycle from lead to opportunity to live account
- Familiarity and ease with technology, B2B technology applications, and how advertising technology platforms serve customer businesses
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presenting, and written)
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently
- Ability to work cross functionally (Customer Success, Sales, Technical Escalations, Product Management, Marketing, Engineering) in order to get deals across the line
- Understanding of APIs, JSON, and webhooks, ORTB protocol, Prebid.JS.
- Strong technical knowledge of header bidding wrapper solutions, including (ideally) prior work as technical operations manager, sales engineer, or similar roles
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
Position Reports to: VP, Publisher Growth
Location: Open to candidates in Colorado, New York or New Jersey
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Sovrn provides products and services to thousands of online publishers to help them understand, operate and grow their business. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, with offices in New York, San Diego and London.
With thousands of customers deploying advertising, affiliate marketing, and data products across 40,000 websites, Sovrn reaches over 300 million active consumers across more than 11 billion page-views every day. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don't.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $106,000 to $140,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.