Sr. Analytics Engineer, Data Accessibility
About the Team
At Sovrn, we are building a new team that focuses on the maintaining, evolution and engineering of data processing across Sovrn’s Data Collective. This team will be focused on the transformation, availability, governance and evolution of derived data, so that critical product insights are readily obtainable by Sovrn’s internal business leaders. Additionally, this team will focus on key data technology solutions and serve as subject matter experts on our data warehousing and business intelligence tools. The team will be a driver of collaboration between engineers, data scientists, business analysts and product managers to enable better data access across all of our product lines.
About the Job
As a Sr. Analytics Engineer, you will be the founding member of a new and important team within Sovrn. You will interface with business and technical leaders throughout the company to gather requirements for the datasets that drive critical business decisions. This position plays an integral role in building and maintaining key datasets within our data warehouse and evolving our analytics engineering practices.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Perform architecture design, table design, metric consistency, data modeling, and implementation of a big data platform and analytics applications.
- Analyze latest big data and analytics technologies and provide expertise in big data strategies.
- Provide governance of business-critical product data sets within Sovrn’s data warehouse and ensure their readiness for data analysts and other internal business users.
- Provide technical leadership within the context of the new and growing Data Accessibility team.
- Specify data platform components and configurations required for data pipeline implementation.
- Implement data pipeline metrics to monitor performance, accuracy, and availability.
- Research, implement, and evolve methods to process our data.
- Optimize data processing and data access to business intelligence tools.
- Provide domain expertise across the organization to enable business growth and development through data services and data models.
- Troubleshoot systemic issues and lead improvements.
You share Sovrn’s belief that a highly effective engineer is defined as much more than just technical ability, but also someone who uses exceptional interpersonal skills to improve team dynamics and executes on technical work with a long-term strategic vision. You are a self starter and able to get the job done without direct supervision. You enjoy leading a collaborative team but are also independently responsible. You are technically curious and enjoy investigating what is possible. Defining technical challenges and solving problems with your team to make better software gets you excited.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent understanding of big data processing environments such as Spark and Snowflake.
- Hands on experience in big data and distributed data processing in the AWS ecosystem.
- Experience with data warehousing and data mart design and implementation.
- Strong understanding and inner workings of metadata management, data lineage, and data governance.
- Strong experience in structured, unstructured, semi-structured data techniques and processes.
- Ability to lead problem definition, solution designs, and define implementation work plans.
- A creative yet analytical mindset with problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to understand business domains and translate into data requirements.
- Create and maintain data products from data warehouse to user facing outputs such as reports and dashboards.
- Staying up to date with industry metrics and anticipate how they can be incorporated into Sovrn data.
- Proficiency with SQL and Python.
- Experience with data processing within Snowflake.
- Experience with backend Looker optimization and administration.
- Experience with data processing using Spark/Scala and Java.
- Experience with multiple cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience with data security and compliance (PII, CCPA, GDPR etc.).
- Experience with Agile/JIRA.
This position reports to: Katie Greenfield
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews every day, resulting in petabytes of transactional data on a monthly basis. The exciting technical problems we solve require a world class team and engineering culture to deliver against our mission. We focus to build and keep a high level of excellence, driving a culture of learning, positivity and humor, as well as mutual respect and humility in all that we do.
Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $130,000 to $160,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.