Data Scientist II
About the Team
We are a welcoming group of scrappy individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment. We celebrate continuous learning, comfort with failing, diversity of thought, teamwork and accountability. We support multiple product lines with analysis, experimentation, proofs of concept, machine learning and business intelligence tools.
About the Job
With more than 50B data events each day, opportunities for new discoveries are ever present. There is so much more that Sovrn can do with this volume of data, and you’ll play an integral role from ideation to launch. In addition to exploring and producing insights with the data, you will build and deploy production-level machine learning models that get infused into our core product offerings. This role will primarily focus on the //Commerce product line, helping to serve web publishers with the next generation of eCommerce products for affiliate marketing and content monetization.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Identifying new opportunities to leverage data science and machine learning to improve Sovrn’s products and then driving the adoption of your proposals
- Developing machine learning proofs of concept for new product offerings and presenting results
- Building classification models and recommender systems
- Serving as the subject matter expert for one or more features of a product/service
- Developing expertise in each data resource and methods to extract and process data (SQL, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Staying up to date with industry trends through personal research and initiative
- Collaborating with fellow data scientists, product managers, engineers, and data platform teams to further develop Sovrn’s products and data resources
You value inclusivity and desire to join a team that empowers you to be authentic. You’re driven, thoughtful, curious and organized. You enjoy solving problems and grow in tenacity the more elusive the solution seems to be. You’re comfortable working with and managing multidisciplinary projects. Above all, you’re not afraid to make mistakes, and you’re eager to learn from them.
The successful candidate will have:
- Familiarity with Git, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, and AWS
- Competence in working independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ability to efficiently multitask and work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving and results
- Desire for professional and personal growth opportunities
- A background in eCommerce and/or the ad technology industry
- Experience with recommender systems
- Familiarity in developing cloud-based solutions using micro-services architecture, docker containers and Kubernetes
- Experience with Java
- Experience with TensorFlow
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in an analytical area such as computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics, or engineering or equivalent experience
Position Reports to: Manager, Data Science
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B page views everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $108,436 to $135,311, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.