About the Team
The FP&A team at Sovrn drives planning, forecasting, and curiosity-driven analysis, partnering across teams to provide timely and insightful information for decision-making and operating the business. We love to build new things and take on challenges with creativity.
About the Job
This is not your typical finance position. At Sovrn, the role of FP&A is a true partnership with leaders to drive the decision making process through supporting business analysis, forecasting and reporting. You will identify business drivers to update and build financial models that fuel investment and management decisions.
What You’ll Be Doing: (Responsibilities)
- Lead the quarterly operating expenses planning process by partnering with business leaders across multiple departments to create meaningful budgets that drive growth
- Own the modeling and input of actual results in partnership with Accounting team to provide feedback to budget owners and create quantitative and qualitative analysis vs. targets
- Develop and improve balance sheet forecasting, including key working capital assumptions
- Lead the monthly reporting of KPIs and metrics for lagging and leading business indicators and develop and implement reporting automation projects for use in both regular business reporting and ad hoc analysis.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with management and staff identifying and developing solutions to a full-range of business issues.
You’re eager to dive into deep and complex opportunities, leveraging your understanding of the business and analytical skills to conceive and implement robust models that forecast performance, dissect business drivers, and improve operational efficiency. You’re probably a spreadsheet savant. You have a track record of thriving in dynamic, fast-moving growth business environments. Learning and adding value through the use of data and analysis are what make you tick.
The successful candidate will have: (Qualifications)
- 1-3 years experience in finance/accounting
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- Highly analytical and curious with demonstrated attention to detail
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Experience with 3 statement modeling
- Ideal candidates will either have experience querying and analyzing data using SQL (or equivalent querying language) or strong FP&A experience with demonstrated aptitude for learning data systems
- You love process and procedure, but also know when enough is enough.
- You love technology and think what we’re doing is cool.
- Experience in forecasting trends in industries with high volatility and seasonality
- Experience with scenario modeling across multiple departments
- Experience in NetSuite and Looker
- Exposure to or knowledge of GAAP
This position reports to: Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: Boulder, CO
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Sovrn provides products and services to thousands of online publishers to help them understand, operate and grow their business. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, with offices in New York, San Diego and London.
With thousands of customers deploying advertising, affiliate marketing, and data products across 40,000 websites, Sovrn reaches over 300 million active consumers across more than 11 billion pageviews every day. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don't.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $95,000 - $115,000 including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.