About the Team
At Sovrn, the Security team’s mission is to drive a culture where all Sovrn teams actively work together to ensure the security of our employees, data and platforms in order to empower our Publishers with services they can trust.
About the Job
As a Corporate Security Engineer, you will help develop and implement corporate security policies and controls. You will work with other members of the security team and teams across the organization to protect Sovrn’s users, products, data and reputation. The right candidate will rely on a broad skill set across multiple technologies and will have a passion for security.
What you’ll be doing - interesting problems you can help us solve:
- Implement and monitor corporate information security controls and processes
- Promote security awareness through education of all Sovrn employees
- Participate as a member Sovrn’s Security, Privacy and Compliance function
- Implement security processes and tools for risk reduction and mature corporate information security capabilities
- Integrate systems with in-house applications, third party applications, and SaaS applications for provisioning, identity management and authentication, and the development of connectors between IAM tools and system resources
- Triage security events and escalate to the appropriate teams as needed
- Assess risk arising from third-parties, vendors and partners in our ecosystem and design controls to mitigate such risks
- Execute upon risk reduction objectives in creative ways, including expanding our current tool stack where appropriate
- Provide subject matter expertise on authentication and systems security with a focus on Corporate technologies and SaaS applications
- Coordinate and perform user awareness and training activities
- Participate as a member of the Sovrn Security Champions Program
- Maintain and publish security-focused KPIs
- Support Enterprise Compliance Program and Customer Success Teams as needed
- Passion for security
- Strong understanding of fundamental infrastructure and application security concepts
- Strong knowledge in identity and access management, authentication, authorization, encryption, PKI, and security monitoring methodologies and technologies, ethical hacking/penetration testing
- Must be able to coordinate with teams to implement processes
- Ability to understand and translate compliance obligations into technical solutions
- Ability to promote and demonstrate the value of building secure environments
- Quickly establish trust and rapport with key stakeholders
Nice to have
- AWS Security Fundamentals, GCP Associate Cloud Engineer (or equivalent)
- CompTIA Security+, Network+, A+
This position reports to: VP, Technical Operations
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Sovrn provides products and services to thousands of online publishers to help them understand, operate and grow their business. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, with offices in New York, San Diego and London.
With thousands of customers deploying advertising, affiliate marketing, and data products across 40,000 websites, Sovrn reaches over 300 million active consumers across more than 11 billion pageviews every day. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don't.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $75,000 to $95,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.