About the Job
This is not your typical recruiting position, at Sovrn the role of recruiting is a true partnership with the business. We take a consultative approach to not just hiring but working with teams to ensure we are making the right hiring decision to drive success. You will have the opportunity to work throughout the business, managing a robust requisition load that covers a diverse set of functions in engineering and product. Sovrn values the hiring experience and you will play a vital role in attracting and securing our amazing employees.
About the Team
We are an extremely hard working team that understands the importance of speed, but knows when to pump the breaks. We hold candidate experience second to none and pride ourselves in our ability to keep hiring teams extremely happy. We collaborate. We source. We pitch. We process. We close. We love to experiment and try new things. We bring positively and a sense of humor to work.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building partnerships with hiring managers to be an effective advisor on hiring strategies.
- Managing the full cycle recruitment processes for our technical positions.
- Developing and maintaining recruiting programs that align with the recruiting strategy.
- Identifying and developing strategies for tapping new markets to attract qualified pools of diverse candidates.
- Creating and leading recruiting marketing strategies that support the Employer Branding initiatives.
- Identify, organize and partner with hiring managers and employees to host meetups and events that are critical for brand building and increasing candidate pipeline.
- Participate in career fairs and community activities develop relationships for future hiring.
- Establishing and maintaining community partnership to promote the candidate pipeline.
- Managing all recruitment tools and established contacts.
- Building and maintaining a solid candidate experience from beginning to hire.
- Collaborating with People Operations to ensure we maintain competitive compensation practices and effectively onboard our new team members
- Training hiring managers on best recruiting practices at all stages of the recruitment life cycle
- Doing all of the above in a manner that seeks to attract diverse candidates, ensures fairness, and removes bias from all aspect of our recruitment and selection processes
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You understand how competitive the talent market is and you have welcomed the challenge in navigating and finding the right talent. You’re comfortable working and managing multiple reqs, while working through the ever changing priorities at scale. You believe that a diverse team is a stronger team and genuinely care about creating an inclusive and equitable approach to recruiting to achieve that goal.
The successful candidate will have:
- Engineering and Product recruiting experience in a high growth software tech environment
- Consultative approach to building strong relationships with hiring managers and their teams.
- Strong problem solving skills with creative approaches.
- Growth Mindset: We are a growing company and need people who will take initiative, fail fast, and learn from their mistakes to be successful in the role.
- Clear, concise and engaging written communication style (we will probably ask you to write an InMail).
- Superb organizational skills, strong attention to detail, deadline-driven and punctual.
- Dangerous curiosity, not afraid to ask questions, learn about our business, our technology, our open roles, and what makes Sovrn a great place to work.
- The skills to work independently but to also ask for help, direction, clarification when needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an approachable style and the ability to manage complex relationships and difficult conversations.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work with highly sensitive data and information.
- Bonus points for familiarity with our ATS, Greenhouse.
- G-Suite and Mac experience
Position reports to: Director, Talent
Location: Boulder/Denver preferred, will consider remote locations in CO, AZ, CA, GA, NJ, NY, TX, and WA.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $70,000 to $105,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.