About the Job
As the Payroll Manager you’ll be responsible for executing timely and accurate payroll processing. We are looking for a talented and eager individual that will thrive in a fast-paced, exciting, and challenging environment.
About the Team
The Accounting team seeks to support Sovrn growth by ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and a strong and sustainable internal control environment. Our goal is to contribute to Sovrn at multiple levels by combining strong accounting and business senses, while subscribing to Sovrn mission and values.
What you’ll be doing:
- Process US payroll and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Manage international payroll processing and work closely with our international third party payroll consultants.
- Perform day to day payroll operations including onboarding new hires, merit increases, department changes, terminations, leave of absences, bonuses, commissions, and garnishments accurately and timely.
- Understand proper taxation of earnings and deduction types (bonus, advances, severances, etc.)
- Manage tax and withholding records and deductions for all federal, state, local, and other related corporate payroll taxes.
- Process accurate and timely quarterly and year-end reporting when necessary (W-2s)
- Perform monthly close activities including, but not limited to, preparing journal entries and reconciliations for all payroll and benefit related accounts.
- Respond timely to employee inquiries concerning payroll related matters.
- Partner closely with the People team on employee benefits and withholding elections (401k, FSA, HSA, etc).
- Assist with payroll registration and setup for new locations as needed.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures related to internal controls and best practices.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and projects as needed.
You are a driven and detail-oriented individual who brings operational excellence as well as a creative, mindful approach to your work.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of relevant payroll experience
- Multi-state and international payroll experience
- Strong proficiency of ADP Workforce or Rippling
- Ability to work independently and be proactive in identify opportunities and recommending solutions
- Detailed oriented and great organization skills
- Comprehensive understanding of payroll best practices and Federal and State regulations
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with multiple departments
- Has been part of a migration of payroll systems.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP).
- Knowledge of the online publishing (media) industry.
- Experience with NetSuite.
This position reports to: Controller
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $70,000 to $95,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.