About the Team
The Data Products team at Sovrn is about to launch into a major product development effort for 2022 and we need talented people to join our team to help us drive to success. We are an extremely hard working team that understands the importance of creating products that solve customer problems. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s possible, our team is made up of people who love to learn, innovate and deliver.
About the Job
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you will own managing the development of architecting a data foundation along with processes that simplify data usability and accessibility to fuel a new generation of Sovrn data driven products for Publishers, Brand, Advertisers, and Data Buyers in 2022. You will work closely day-to-day with the Data Engineering team to provide leadership and guidance on design from data storage, to linkage, to data consolidation and availability that will fuel the data driven product strategies for 2022.
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving the strategy, design and execution of the data foundation and architecture to fuel new data products for Publishers, Brands, Advertisers and Data Buyers
- Leading design discovery alongside engineering teams to create and test prototypes
- Using your knowledge to optimize time and investment to the best path to GA
- Interviewing key stakeholders about product dependencies on the data strategy to inform initiatives, then understanding, prioritizing, and managing those initiatives
- Participating in Agile ceremonies to ensure the engineering team delivers products that meet or exceed expectations
- Executing through experimentation, and know how to understand success through metrics
- Collaborating with product teams to ensure all product dependencies on data are accounted for and built accordingly
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You anticipate problems before they happen, and you have a backup solution. You’re comfortable working with and managing multidisciplinary teams across multidisciplinary projects. Above all, you’re open to learning, and you’re not afraid to get in the weeds to better understand. You may have an Engineering background looking to move into more Product Management leadership, or Product Management background looking to influence and lead an Engineering team to build and deliver on a major company initiative.
The successful candidate will have:
- Skill at taking nebulous business ideas and translating them into detailed product plans
- The ability to persuade diverse stakeholders, and the confidence to stand behind your convictions
- Product management experience working within an Agile project management framework
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong will to partner and collaborate within the organization and cross functionally
- Experience analyzing data and turning insights into action
- Demonstrated accountability for agreed upon deliverables and timetables
- Superb organizational skills, strong attention to detail, deadline-driven and punctual
- Strong interpersonal skills, an approachable style and the ability to manage complex relationships and difficult conversations
- Strong problem solving skills with creative approaches
- Growth Mindset: We are a growing company and need people who will take initiative, fail fast, and learn from their mistakes to be successful in the role
- A passion for helping content creators do more of what they love (creating) and less of what they don’t (operating their businesses)
- A background in data products and/or the ad technology industry
This position reports to: VP, Data Products
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Sovrn provides products and services to thousands of online publishers to help them understand, operate and grow their business. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, with offices in New York, San Diego and London.
With thousands of customers deploying advertising, affiliate marketing, and data products across 40,000 websites, Sovrn reaches over 300 million active consumers across more than 11 billion pageviews every day. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don't.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $120,000 to $150,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.