About the Team
As a member of the Data Services team, you will be on a small but growing team responsible for managing and growing Sovrn’s existing data and linkage clients and for on-boarding new data and linkage clients. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s possible, our team is made up of people who love to learn.
About the Job
The Data Account Executive is charged with identifying, contracting and integrating companies that will benefit from Sovrn’s Data and Linkage products. In this role you will manage the sales process from prospect identification and qualification to integration and contract close.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the full sales cycle from beginning to end (prospecting, qualification, discovery, solution development/positioning, product review and demonstration, negotiation, and execution)
- Enter and manage opportunities in SalesForce CRM.
- Carry a quota of net new MRR Data or linkage buyers per quarter.
- Work with Sales Engineers to implement and integrate the new data buyers.
- Collaborate closely with the Compliance Team, managing compliance risk for each data contract.
- Transition new buyers after on-boarding to the Data Account Managers.
- Manage commercial contracting process, communicating expectations to clients throughout the sales cycle.
- Partner with a broad range of internal teams (marketing, legal, account management, creative and quality) to support the sales efforts.
- Deliver against set KPIs.
- Provide feedback to Product and Marketing to help improve our solution and messaging.
You’re driven with a hunter mentality. You love every stage of the sales cycle from prospecting to close. You’re inquisitive, listening to the needs of the customer before suggesting solutions. You're entrepreneurial and want to grow a proven and flourishing business. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Quota-carrying sales experience at a software/technology company.
- Track record of qualifying and closing consultative sales opportunities.
- Experience in the digital data ecosystem.
- Troubleshooting skills to facilitate management and data reporting for customers.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, and an ability to persuade at all levels of a company
- Attention to detail and ability to process information quickly and accurately.
- Internet savvy with a strong proficiency in office productivity tools (Gmail, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Confluence/JIRA, Salesforce CRM).
- Understand and ability to navigate BI reporting tools such as Tableau, Grafana, and Metamarkets.
- Must be able to work and communicate in a concise manner across the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent listening skills and the ability to adjust to the personalities of various partners.
- Strong project management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to multitask with effective resolution management in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Ability to design and articulate solutions for customers' challenges.
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary.
- Understanding of cookies, hashed emails, mobile advertising IDs and their use cases
- Basic knowledge of the online advertising and publishing industries.
- Experience with Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Looker, Similar Web, Sales Engagement Platforms.
This position reports to: Manager, Data Sales
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Sovrn provides products and services to thousands of online publishers to help them understand, operate and grow their business. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, with offices in New York, San Diego and London.
With thousands of customers deploying advertising, affiliate marketing, and data products across 40,000 websites, Sovrn reaches over 300 million active consumers across more than 11 billion pageviews every day. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don't.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the total compensation for this role includes an annual base salary range of $55,000 to $65,000 plus variable compensation for an annual OTE of $75,000 - $115,000 for Boulder/Denver Colorado.
Note: The OTE reflected is based on 100% quota attainment. Actual earnings may be less or more depending on a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and performance.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.