About the Team
The Growth team is responsible for helping Publishers discover new products, and driving revenue for Sovrn. Our goal is to be world class in everything we do, from the service we provide our publishers, to our interactions with teammates and colleagues. We are a lean and efficient group from around the world, and we ground our work in a sense of community that’s built on our collective strengths. We help each other excel professionally with regular training and empathetic feedback sessions, and we take our team building exercises just as seriously. Our mission is simple: give publishers the tools they need to do more of what they love and less of what they don’t.
About the Job
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for achieving new business revenue goals by expanding Sovrn’s publisher base. From initial outreach to relationship development, product demonstration, and closure, this role requires complete ownership of the planning and execution of new business. You will work closely with C-levels, VPs, and Directors of brands, to solve real problems all by taking a solution oriented approach to win new business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Pipeline management and reporting of new business sales
- Grow platform spend to meet and exceed goals while continuously prospecting new business
- Driving regular client meetings at different levels in the advertiser’s organization
- Manage a portfolio of Publisher relationships to grow revenue through the Sovrn Platform
- Spearhead the development of and dialogue around complex, sometimes custom solutions for Publishers with assistance from Ops, Product and other teams.
- Partner with a broad range of internal teams (marketing, legal, account management, creative and quality) to support the sales efforts. Deliver against set KPIs.
- Proactive and capable of opening doors across medium to large Publishers
- Ability to persuade executive level management of Sovrn’s value proposition
You possess strong sales skills and bring experience in both generating new business and developing lasting relationships with clients. You strive to exceed revenue targets through active selling, product implementation and managing expectations for new and existing clients. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years applicable experience in either Business Development, Account Management, Relationship Management or Sales roles in the online industry with proven experience and success
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; or equivalent professional working experience
- Sales experience and working knowledge of the programmatic landscape
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, and an ability to persuade at all levels of a company
- Strong presenter and communicator
- Passionate about Sovrn’s suite of products and services
- Ability to work and deliver strong results in a dynamic small team environment
- Understanding of the changing landscape as it relates to third party cookies
- Ideal desired experience includes coming from prior roles bringing Publisher relevant contacts as well as proven success selling Programmatic and/or Data Solutions
- Clear, concise and engaging oral and written communicator
- Growth Mindset: We are a fast-growing company, and need people who will take initiative and take ownership to be successful in the role
- Proactive problem solver capable of identifying issues and generating solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage complex relationships
- Basic knowledge of the online advertising industry
Position Reports to: Director, Commerce Development
Location: New York preferred. Open to Remote in these states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Ohio, Montana, New Jersey, New York, Texas and Washington.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the total compensation for this role includes an annual base salary range of $55,000 to $65,000 plus variable compensation for an annual OTE of $75,000 - $115,000 for Boulder/Denver Colorado.
Note: The OTE reflected is based on 100% quota attainment. Actual earnings may be less or more depending on a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and performance.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.