About the Job
Sovrn is looking for an experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our growing marketing team and to lead and develop positioning, sales enablement and go-to-market activities for Sovrn’s cutting-edge advertising product, Signal. You'll be engaging with marketers, sales, customer success, and product managers, as we reposition Sovrn’s product in this evolving market.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the launch planning for new products and significant new features, ensuring launch activities are coordinated to enable customer facing teams to successfully communicate the product value.
- Develop customer personas, competitor analysis and our position in the market landscape through research and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Translate technical features into consistent and compelling benefits-driven positioning and messaging copy that can be leveraged by multiple teams.
- Execute product marketing initiatives aligned with our product roadmap (ex. Customer-facing documentation, website copy, etc.)
- Enable sales and customer success by building decks, data sheets, talking points, battle cards, and other value-driving assets.
- Tell and share great customer success and product stories through content for videos, blog posts, or case studies.
- Partner with product management to proactively shape when and how we announce new product features and updates.
- Be a product evangelist -- internally and externally.
- Act as the glue to bring together Product, Sales, Customer Success and Marketing teams to effectively and professionally take our products to market
You learn like it's your job—because it is. You ask questions, and you don't settle for unsatisfying answers. When you come across a problem, you devise a solution, and then you start working on a back-up solution that anticipates future problems. You are obsessed with growth and building things while not being afraid to get your hands dirty. And you are a natural hustler with a contagious "can-do" attitude. You're comfortable collaborating with—and seeking out—everyone from graphic designers to data engineers, because you know that there's insight to be found everywhere. Above all, you're not afraid to take responsibility for guiding your projects from start to finish.
This successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience and enthusiasm as a B2B Product Marketer, or similar role
- Ideally have experience working in the programmatic advertising industry or product-led software companies and bring strong knowledge and experience of delivering Product Marketing activities in this environment.
- Proven history of creating effective marketing programs
- Demonstrated passion for product marketing and articulating customer value
- Experience researching, formulating strategy and executing the tactics
- A can-do attitude and is an excellent business partner
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with Product, Marketing, and Sales Organizations to support our GTM strategy
- Experience in market analysis and competitive intelligence
- Experience in market analysis and competitive intelligence
- Exceptional writing and communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Drive to self-manage and take ownership of projects
- Ability to translate complex solutions into simple, compelling messaging
- Positive collaborative energy and proactive project management skills
- Respect for good design, brand consistency, and professionalism
This position reports to: Director, Product Marketing
Location: Boulder, Denver, New York, or London
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $110,000 - $140,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.