Sovrn is looking for a Director of Business Information Systems. In this role, you are responsible for establishing the strategy for the information systems we rely on to operate and understand our business. You will serve as a collaborative, cross functional partner in helping Sovrn increase productivity and efficiency, leveraging existing and new systems to optimize the Company’s growth.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders in sales, marketing, customer success, finance and operations to develop our business systems strategies.
- Architect and design technology solutions that solve business problems for internal customers.
- Understand the capabilities of our existing systems and make recommendations for improving existing systems and introducing alternative solutions.
- Partner with stakeholders and technical resources to optimize the system configuration and define best practices.
- Build roadmaps for large projects that align with strategic goals, and determine the level of effort to complete projects (Initiatives, Epics, Stories).
- Translate stakeholders requests into technical requirements and assign them to business system resources to execute a solution.
- Provide leadership and direction for project execution. Establish Sovrn’s project execution system (e.g., Agile) and best practices.
- Design a scalable, integration strategy (leveraging API’s, or 3rd party tools such as Mulesoft or Dell Boomi).
- Manage 3rd party apps and the integration with Salesforce, NetSuite and other systems.
- Responsible for hiring and mentoring business systems developers.
- Provide in-depth knowledge and technical leadership for configuring or customizing Salesforce, NetSuite, Hubspot, Looker and other business systems.
- Evaluate, install, test, and customize new business software (Apps) as needed to meet stakeholders requirements
- Ensure business systems are compliant with IT & security requirements and best practices as set by the company.
You are a curious and driven individual who enjoys understanding how systems work and improving upon them. You’re comfortable directing multidisciplinary teams and can manage multiple competing priorities. You know what “good” looks like and possess the desire and skillset to make that vision a reality. You move quickly, willing to try, fail and learn.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience designing, developing and implementing business systems
- Experience defining best-in-class processes and building a team to achieve desired outcomes
- Previous ownership of business systems for a SaaS or B2B software company
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce and Netsuite.
- Consultative approach to building strong relationships with employees that you will be interacting with
- Strong problem solving skills with creative approaches
- Growth Mindset: We are a growing company and need people who will take initiative, fail fast, and learn from their mistakes to be successful in the role
- Superb organizational skills, strong attention to details, deadline driven and punctual
- Dangerous curiosity, not afraid to ask questions, learn about our business and technology
- Experience integrating third-party applications with proprietary systems
- Expertise with Hubspot, Looker and/or Mulesoft
- Agile scrum-master experience
- Understanding of the advertising tech industry
This position reports to: CFO
Location: Boulder, CO
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $160,000 to $200,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.