Sovrn believes content creators and publishers are the soul of the Internet. Their content is what makes the Internet great. That’s why we give content creators tools to make money, access to distribution and scale to grow their audience, and massive data commons for extraordinary insights. At Sovrn we don’t just plug into the online advertising ecosystem. We own and operate a proprietary ad technology stack with direct connections to every major buyer in the world. Sovrn Services is a new team focused on providing publishers with valuable solutions that optimize yield and increase their ability to monetize content and drive advertising revenue.
The Ad Operations Manager on the SMS (Sovrn Managed Services) team is responsible for partnering with Sovrn’s publisher clients to increase their advertising revenue as part of a high-touch, technical and ongoing services relationship focused on the setup, monitoring and management of online advertising campaigns. The SMS Delivery Manager will act as the publisher’s ad operations expert and will manage the publisher’s entire ad stack, as well as be responsible for continually testing and implementing new strategies to increase advertising revenue and sustain high levels of campaign performance.
- Own and manage the entire advertising stack for your group of publisher clients to help them increase their advertising revenue and reach new levels of performance.
- Develop and retain the client relationship as part of Sovrn’s Yield & Optimization service and continually add value through your ad operations expertise, guidance and recommendations.
- Act as the point person for all publisher inquiries, concerns, escalations and requests related to the ongoing delivery of the Yield & Optimization service, including:
- Provide project management to help customers initiate, plan, launch and run successful ad stacks while adhering to delivery deadlines.
- Daily campaign monitoring based on the client’s specific needs and requests.
- Execute DFP configuration, management, QA and troubleshooting.
- Analyze performance data regularly to communicate key findings and action items tied to the publisher’s advertising strategy. Identify a problem or opportunity and then help solve it.
- Add new demand sources and products to continually increase the publisher’s revenue.
- Make strategic and tactical recommendations that align with the publisher’s short-term and long-term goals for increasing revenue and meeting business objectives.
- Investigate and proactively communicate reporting discrepancies and serve as a point of contact for all technical issues.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the publisher’s staff/team as part of testing, QA and implementing new tactics and strategies for driving additional advertising revenue.
- Monitor and report on monthly revenue for client invoicing.
- Collaborate with internal account management and sales teams to enhance the publisher relationship, provide technical expertise and support the onboarding of new publisher clients.
- Support discovery work for pitching and selling the Yield & Optimization service and other new services to publisher clients.
- Develop industry and ad ops expertise by staying current with industry best practices and KPIs, and continuing to build knowledge and apply learnings through ongoing research, education and professional development.
- Participate in Services team meetings, initiatives and projects and contribute to team goals and objectives.
- Participate in weekly meetings with Product & Engineering to identify areas of product improvement.
- 3+ years of ad operations experience on the publisher/supply or agency/demand side.
- Programmatic experience with proficient knowledge of header bidding, the ad tech landscape, and Google advertising products.
- Proven ability to build strong client relationships, manage a growing portfolio of clients and collaborate effectively to solve client problems.
- Proven success aligning client goals to recommended ad campaign/ad solutions, as well as gathering and demonstrating ROI information to showcase ongoing value and client benefits.
- Demonstrable and scalable experience with programmatic media platforms, including DFP (Doubleclick for Publishers) and AdExchange (ADX).
- Strong understanding of the programmatic advertising space, ad technologies and platforms.
- Experience using QA, troubleshooting and debugging tools, including Google Developer Tools.
- Experience organizing and analyzing data sets using BI tools (Tableau, Looker, Power BI, Data Studio, etc)
- Ability to identify problems and explore potential solutions that can be presented clearly to your client.
- Ability to organize and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for problem solving and turning challenges into opportunities for business growth
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience with Excel (Formulas, Pivot tables, etc). Ability to read, organize, and analyze large data sets in order to identify trends and develop actionable recommendations.
- Effective time management skills with an ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and provide superior customer service.
- Strong work ethic with a self-motivated attitude and ability to be resourceful to get the job done.
This position reports to: Director, Ad Operations
Location: Boulder, CO & San Diego, CA
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.