About the Job
Sovrn is seeking an experienced B2B demand generation and marketing operations leader to help drive our growth to the next level. The Director, Demand Generation role is based in Boulder, CO and will lead a team of marketers within a highly collaborative, positive and team-focused environment.
Reporting to the VP, Marketing and overseeing the demand generation team, this role is focused on the strategy, execution, and ongoing optimization of all digital marketing campaigns, the website, the sales and marketing funnel, and metrics. Additionally, this role is responsible for marketing operations, ensuring that people, processes, and tools are optimally set up to achieve superior performance, as well as provide visibility and analytics on effectiveness and results to the leadership team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with the marketing team to own the strategy and execution for all lead generation programs to drive awareness, engagement, acquisition, renewals and expansion across both new business and existing accounts.
- Partner and strategize with product marketing, customer success and sales leaders to translate business needs into compelling and effective demand generation campaigns, including content, events, webinars, paid, social and organic.
- Work with product marketing to develop, manage, and execute nurture campaigns to move new leads through the sales cycle, to onboard new sign-ups, and to increase performance of existing clients.
- Own the lead demand generation planning efforts, including production of lead generation goals and forecasts, setting and managing budget priorities, and measuring overall results.
- Responsible for weekly and quarterly marketing reporting across lead generation, productivity and opportunity creation. Understand what is working and what isn’t, and make recommendations to optimize and help drive the direction of marketing programs.
- Provide best practices in lead management as well as constantly refining the lead gen, lead scoring and nurturing programs.
- Drive our digital strategy and continuously optimize our website to drive an effective inbound lead generation strategy.
- Build and lead a dedicated demand generation team and provide them with mentoring and coaching.
You learn like it's your job—because it is. You ask questions, and you don't settle for unsatisfying answers. When you come across a problem, you devise a solution, and then you start working on a back-up solution that anticipates future problems. You are obsessed with growth and building things while not being afraid to get your hands dirty. And you are a natural hustler with a contagious "can-do" attitude. You're comfortable collaborating with—and seeking out—everyone from graphic designers to data engineers, because you know that there's insight to be found everywhere. Above all, you're not afraid to take responsibility for guiding your projects from start to finish.
This successful candidate will have:
- Deep technical experience in martech, CRM, lead generation, lead scoring, account-based marketing, revenue attribution, marketing ROI. (Hubspot experience preferred).
- Deep understanding of demand generation best practices, and how to engage prospects and customers at multiple points through the customer journey with a keen test-and-learn mindset.
- A strong leader with experience building and managing a strong team of marketers while also passionate about the team’s continuous learning, development and growth.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills with proven ability to collaborate across functions.
- Results and data driven with excellent attention to detail; excellent analytical and quantitative skills to interpret data and translate it into actionable changes.
- A strong communicator, confident and articulate in presenting to internal stakeholders.
- A strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Economics or a related field, or relevant professional work experience.
Nice to have:
- Relevant industry experience (e.g. advertising technology, partner relationships, affiliate marketing) preferred.
- Experience with Hubspot, Google Analytics, Looker and Salesforce preferred.
This position reports to: VP, Marketing
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $140,000 to $170,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.