About the Team
At Sovrn, the Sovrn Platform team is responsible for the engineering and operational management for our publisher facing web portal. In this role, you’ll be creating the core of the platform powering applications throughout the company. You’ll be responsible for working closely with Product, QA and managers to plan features, deliver amazing products, and mentoring engineers on your team to do the same. We believe in dedication, passion and personality. We are seeking an engineer who can inspire diverse, talented, and motivated engineers while creating a world-class product.
About the Job
The Sovrn Platform team is building a new, extensible platform to enable publishers to leverage a wide variety of products to support their businesses. We exist in open market conditions and operate at startup scale and speed so time to market and value add are key differentiators. This position offers the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers, data scientists, and product managers to create our next generation web architecture.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build out our new web platform using single page apps and APIs, making it scalable and integrating with other company products
- Work closely with Product to design and plan the best customer experience
- Collaborate with other teams building into the platform to determine the best technical solutions
- Build out a new analytics platform and reporting tools that enables publishers to connect to and gain insights from multiple data sources using React, Typescript and Node all hosted on AWS
- Contribute to projects across large volumes of code, with multiple branches, formal integration procedures and test cycles
- Contribute software engineering best practices and technical excellence through code reviews and mentorship of junior engineers
- Demonstrate end-to-end ownership of projects and initiatives
You are a self starter and able to get the job done without micro management. You enjoy being part of a collaborative team but are also independent in terms of getting things done. You love technical challenges and solving problems all while striving to make better software, products and the team. You believe that the engineering team owns the quality of the product and designs with this in mind.
The successful candidate will have:
- Professional experience developing web services or applications
- Experience both consuming and producing REST APIs
- Excel in a fast paced agile development environment
- Proficient with persistence stores: Relational, NoSQL, etc…
- Proficiency using modern web development technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS, web components
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms and system design
- Ability to work with a team of junior and experienced engineers to a common technical goal
- Past experience in Java or similar languages
- Experience building complex dashboards and visualizations using D3 and other tools.
- Demonstrable commitment to automation and CI/CD
- Experience working with Docker, AWS.
- Experience in the ecommerce, web analytics, search, and cloud computing space
Position Reports to: Manager, Software Engineering
Location: Boulder, CO
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $120,000 to $155,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.