About the Team
As a member of the Data Delivery team, you will test the Data processing infrastructure that our data customers use daily for reporting and analytics. There is a plethora of data that sit in various places and leverage different technologies.
About the Job
As a Software Developer in Test (SDET) II, you will empower Sovrn's Data Delivery team to solve complex challenges for our data customers by championing testability, code health, infrastructure, performance, and monitoring. You'll own the quality of Sovrn's data infrastructure, and ensure it by working in the current architecture and implementing test automation, tooling, deployment, and measurement frameworks. You'll learn complex systems and leave no stone unturned. Mostly, you'll be someone that gets it done, no matter what, and that's something you'll take pride in.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Own the quality of Sovrn's data processing tech stack, and ensure that the implementation is accurate and performant.
- Work in and improve our automated testing frameworks and internal tooling.
- Championing for quality and raising the visibility of quality within the team to ensure best practices are being followed.
- Create testing strategies that demonstrate a contextual understanding of Sovrn's products and their value to our data customers.
- Using your working knowledge of AWS technologies to make sure that our services are reliable and scalable.
You are very driven for success and are constantly asking what does this do. You are extremely detail oriented and learn from your mistakes. You hate siloing and frequently find yourself at someone else's desk asking questions or helping find solutions to a complex problem. You also have the thought process of, “If I have to do this more than once I’m going to automate it!”.
The successful candidate will have:
- Able to develop tests and testing infrastructure for a system that is intact and written in an object-oriented programming language - Java, Scala and Go Lang.
- Enthusiasm for developing tooling and tests that proactively address ambiguous and non-deterministic problems.
- Able to troubleshoot issues and predict challenges related to data processing and scheduled jobs.
- Prepared to demonstrate an opinion on when to apply software quality best practices and tooling.
- The drive to learn new technologies and strategies to keep your team on track. Learn like it’s your job.
- 2+ years QA experience working on a software product team
- Go Lang experience
This position reports to: QA Manager
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $80,000 to $105,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.