About the Job
Delivery management is a form of project management with a broader business reach. It spans the business and technical functions to support building, measuring, and delivering products to our customers. At its core, delivery management is about ensuring products and services deliver business value as quickly and safely as possible. At Sovrn, the people who operate in this role are Delivery Managers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Facilitating team-level Agile ceremonies such as Daily Stand-ups, Retrospectives, Sprint Reviews, Backlog Refinement and Sprint Planning.
- Removing impediments and isolating the root cause of problems and aid in resolutions.
- Coaching, supporting, and initiating continuous improvement within our culture.
- Working with the Product Management team and holding them responsible for maintaining a well-refined backlog.
- Partnering with many departments (product, finance, sales, customer success etc.) across the organization on cross team projects and process improvements.
- Nurturing and growing the technical and product teams by continuously helping to improve their processes.
- Identifying dependencies, removing impediments, assisting with cross team communication and increasing team productivity to ensure a timely release of complete features.
- Mentoring and providing guidance to junior level Delivery Managers.
- Communicate progress updates to stakeholders.
- Be the oil that keeps the engine of delivery running smoothly.
You are an incredible communicator, catalyst of collaboration, and driver of delivery. You are engaging and possess strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to foster great collaboration with teams. You are a problem solver who embraces change and continuously seeks ways to improve. You will roll up your sleeves to support the team to ensure objects are achieved.
The successful candidate will have:
- Professional working experience as a Delivery Manager/Scrum Master, successfully leading 2-3 Agile Software Development teams.
- Experience with a diverse set of management practices (Scrum, Lean, Kanban, Waterfall).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate and motivate teams toward a common goal.
- Passion and drive to help the team improve and deliver great products.
- A strength in bringing harmony to the team and a good approach to conflict resolution.
- Active listening skills and respect of others opinions and ideas.
- You are technical enough to understand the product and what the team is doing.
- A hunger to learn and ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Familiarity organizing and running product inceptions/kickoffs
- Scrum Master Certification
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and Productboard
Position Reports to: Manager, Delivery Management
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $105,000 to $135,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.