About the Team
The Publisher Advancement team is dedicated to the progression of our publishers through the Sovrn onboarding & product integration journey. We offer technical support, documentation, ad operations, account management, & hands on implementation guidance.
About the Job
As a Publisher Advancement Analyst I, you will work closely with the Advancement Managers and the Director, Publisher Advancement to provide data and analytical support to internal and external stakeholders. You will work proactively to provide account data and recommendations for publishers and also work reactively with the support team to help provide advanced troubleshooting techniques, in turn providing solutions to problems raised.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assessing the health of Sovrn’s publishers via the use of various data access systems
- Discover opportunities to advance clients and the company’s overall business through the analysis of important metrics/KPIs
- Evaluate impact of exchange developments, new products, upcoming regulations, etc. for specific publishers and broader books of business
- Manage workflow for specific data-driven processes to support your broader team
- Develop process improvements using a detailed understanding of a publisher’s lifecycle and the involved company infrastructure
- Cooperate with members from other teams throughout the company to help prioritize and advance important projects
- Level 2 technical support
You are driven, thoughtful and curious. You love data. You enjoy problem solving and take pride in your proactive efforts to fix something before it even becomes a problem. You are comfortable with change and can evolve as you learn. And above all else, you have empathy for the customer.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Data Science, Analytics, Mathematics or quantitative field or 1 year experience as a Data Analyst or internship in related field
- Strong exposure to at least one of the following: HQL/Hive, SQL, Looker.
- Strong Excel Skills
- Exposure to SalesForce or other CRM or service desk system
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable on video and standard calls with publishers
- Self-motivated, quick learner, detail oriented and well organized
- Independent problem solver with superior technical, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects while staying organized in a fast paced environment
- High attention to detail and be able to process a high volume of information quickly and accurately
- Ability to proactively review current procedures and confidently make recommendations for improvements
- Display flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Able to prioritize and strategically work through tasks with appropriate and dedicated urgency
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Experience with more than 2 querying languages
- Deep experience in Looker / Metamarkets / Amazon Quicksite
- Excel mastery
- Data modeling
This position reports to: Manager, Performance (Ashley Travis)
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $55,000 to $70,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.