About the Team
The Customer Success team supports Sovrn’s buy-side customers by ensuring an optimal technical setup, optimizing for campaign KPI’s, and providing outstanding technical support to agencies, buyers, and DSPs. Our goal is to elevate Sovrn as a premier partner to media and data buyers around the world.
About the Job
The Technical Support Engineer I is integral to the team’s ability to act fast and effectively, building operational tools, automating processes, querying data, managing integrations and handling technical escalations as needed.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Provide technical support for new buyer data, commerce and exchange integrations and APIs with advertisers and vendors
- As primary technical contact, provide technical support for demand side products (TAM, EB, DSP, S2S, commerce RTB, etc across all products)
- Create and manage internal tools and workflow automation processes to support internal operational efficiencies and effectiveness including profile repositories, crawlers, targeting data stores, blacklists, whitelists, revenue loop reporting, merchant updates/importing.
- Continuously identify opportunities to automate manual, error prone, fragmented and redundant processes.
- Create and manage third party integrations and services to support internal tools and demand ops, such as categorization, IAS, WhiteOps and Confiant
- Develop and manage analytics and alert dashboards across platform products such as commerce and exchange
- Monitor and manage third party tool monitoring, such as OB Malware Monitoring, Confiant, WhiteOps, IAS.
- Define and evolve a formal best practice to monitor platform health
- Leverage data to discover and troubleshoot under performing or over performing areas of the system including timeouts, demand trends, cookie syncs, traffic support
- Work with the Demand Support team to define root cause and have it addressed
You have a passion for the customer and willing to see beyond your own limitations. You are scrappy and love to automate the heck out of everything so you can spend more time on what matters most. You are a hacker at heart and above all, love to learn.
The successful candidate will have:
- Analytical skills with an established approach to quantitative analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably Computer Science or a related field
- Ability to learn and adapt to new languages as needed
- Familiarity integrating with APIs and microservices
- Quickly establish trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Provides creative problem solving skills by looking at situations from a different perspective
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Ability to prioritize and strategically work through tasks with appropriate and dedicated urgency
- Organized with ability to work on multiple projects effectively
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with programmatic, digital display, video or affiliate ad operational systems
Position reports to: Manager, Demand Operations
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $55,000 to $65,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.