About the Team
We are a small and nimble team that likes to solve problems for our publishers. We get to know the ins and outs of our publishers’ businesses and make creative strategies to help them grow. Every day is different and keeps us on our toes.
About the Job
The //Gold Account Manager is responsible for partnering with Sovrn’s publisher clients to increase their revenue as part of a high-touch, technical and ongoing services relationship. This role will identify opportunities for publishers to increase their revenue through our diverse set of tools and technologies. The //Gold Account Manager will act as the publisher’s main point of contact with the team, and will prioritize driving more value to their publishers’ businesses.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage client relationships with publishers of all sizes
- Adapt your services approach and investment based on the needs and scale of your publishers
- Work with Implementation Managers to kickoff the publisher relationship and set them up for success
- Make strategic and tactical recommendations that align with the publisher’s short-term and long-term goals for increasing revenue and meeting business objectives.
- Work with Sales as needed on lead acquisition, deal flow, and pitching our services to publisher clients
- Develop a regular cadence for proactively connecting with your publishers to provide them with insights on their performance and trends within the market
- Proactively identify opportunities to share learnings and ideas with the team to drive towards a higher-performing team
- Create and provide strategic analysis for reporting on publisher performance across our products
- Investigate and proactively communicate reporting discrepancies and serve as a point of contact for all issues
- Monitor and report on monthly revenue for client invoicing
- Track your time closely with each publisher and allocate the appropriate effort and time based on their size
- Stay current with industry best practices and KPIs, and continue to build knowledge and apply learnings through ongoing research, education and professional development.
- Participate in Services team meetings, initiatives and projects and contribute to team goals and objectives.
You’re a people person, and you love to help people solve problems. Communication and customer service are your strongest traits. You’re comfortable working on multiple projects across different teams. Above all, you want to find what’s best for the customer.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years account/client management experience within the advertising space
- Publisher or programmatic experience with proficient knowledge of the ad tech landscape and Google advertising products
- Ability to identify problems and explore potential solutions that can be presented clearly to your client.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with Excel. Ability to read, organize, and analyze large data sets in order to identify trends and develop actionable recommendationsEffective time management skills with an ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and provide superior customer service.
- Ability to organize and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for problem solving and turning challenges into opportunities for business growth
- Strong work ethic with a self-motivated attitude and ability to be resourceful to get the job done
- Willingness to start with in a flexible form of this role while you go through in-depth training to better prepare you to take full ownership of accounts
- Cross product selling and up-selling
- Strong proficiency in office productivity tools (Gmail, Google Apps, Jira, Confluence, SalesForce, Customer Success tools/solutions
- Familiarity in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets (Vlookups, Formulas Pivot Tables, etc)
This position reports to: Senior Director, Operations - UK
Location: San Diego, California
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.