About the Team
As a member of the Publisher Growth team, you will work closely with key publishers to help develop relationships and explore opportunities to partner together. Through focusing and understanding the various data collected through our suite of products, you will help publishers find solutions , provide valuable feedback to our product teams, and explore new opportunities to grow Sovrn’s Data Enrichment efforts.
About the Job
The Director of Publisher Development is a pivotal position to the future success of Sovrn. This is an opportunity for someone to make an impact on the bottom line and help shape our strategy by enabling publishers to navigate the upcoming changes in the advertising industry. You will be working closely with a global team of colleagues across several product lines and guiding our efforts for growth in the UK.
What you will be doing:
- Become a key strategic partner to top tier publishers
- Identify and create new value opportunity with top tier publishers
- Identify opportunities to align our current or potential product offerings with the goals and themes of top tier publishers
- Become an expert in specific product offerings so that you can be pulled in on key publisher conversations to answer second-level questions and instill confidence in our products
- Invest focused time with publishers on specific business topics to learn, understand, and inform our market approach
- Inform Market Development and Product development on themes, trends and opportunities from your conversations
- Create a “Network Effect” through your approach by becoming a partner that publishers trust, grow, respect, and learn from
- Create a close partnership with Market Development through developing key publisher feedback loops that inform product decisions
- Directly drive product adoption and durable publisher growth with top tier publishers through a holistic approach towards their business
- Act as a mentor and partner to Account Executives by partnering with them in publisher meetings and calls as needed to help grow the account
- Establish a set of key KPIs that will provide insight into the overall value and success of your work
- Play a key leadership role on the Publisher Services team, collaborating with your peers to improve our products, market approach, and product growth
- Work with Market Development to test new ideas that have the potential to get pulled into the product roadmap
- Stay relevant with the market and uses market signals to drive your approach to market
You possess strong sales skills and bring experience in both generating new business and developing lasting relationships with clients. You strive to exceed revenue targets through active selling, product implementation and managing expectations for new and existing clients. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years in a sales leadership, key accounts, key partnership role
- Deep knowledge of the online advertising industry
- Entrepreneurial and curious
- Driven to help publishers find growth opportunity
- Track record managing existing clients
- Picks up technical product understanding easily
- High emotional intelligence
- Data and results driven
- Attention to detail and ability to process information quickly and accurately
- Internet savvy with a strong proficiency in office productivity tools (Gmail, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Confluence/JIRA, Salesforce CRM)
- Must be able to work and communicate in a concise manner across the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent listening skills and the ability to adjust to the personalities of various partners
- Strong project management, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to multitask with effective resolution management in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Ability to design and articulate solutions for customers challenges
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Experience working in a DMP
- Experience with audience segmentation
- Experience in product development
- Experience as a leader in a Publisher business
This position reports to: Director, Publisher Growth - UK
Location: London, United Kingdom
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking