About the Team
We are a small and nimble team that likes to solve problems for our publishers. We get to know the ins and outs of our publishers’ businesses and make creative strategies to help them grow. Every day is different and keeps us on our toes.
About the Job
As a //Gold Ad Operations Specialist, you will be working directly with publishers as well as the sales team to triage internal and external support tickets. You will be responsible for understanding basic account requests as well as technical requests, labeling them accordingly, applying known solutions, or in turn escalating to tier 2 support or higher.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- As an Ad Operations Specialist your responsibilities will include but not be limited to
- Customer Support, Product Support, Technical Support communications with publishers of varying degrees of complexity
- Referencing & contributing to our knowledge base
- Working out of multiple & disparate platforms and UIs
- Ad Trafficking
- Constant industry learning
- Simple data queries
- Ability to read, organize, and analyze data sets and provide recommendations
- Monitor and report on monthly revenue for client invoicing
- Develop and document standard operating procedures for new processes
- Product Integrations of varying difficulty
- Escalation to tier 2 support with clear and concise communication
You are a self starter and able to get the job done without micromanagement. You are comfortable with change and can evolve as you learn. You are adaptive, positive, intuitive and can manage multiple competing priorities. And above all else, you have empathy for the customer.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years experience in an Ad Operations and/or Customer Service position working in a AdOps, support specialist or service desk position
- Publisher or programmatic experience with proficient knowledge of the ad tech landscape and Google advertising products
- Experience with spreadsheet data manipulation and analysis in Microsoft and Google (Vlookups, Formulas, pivot tables, etc)
- Google office suite proficiency
- Google Ad Manager experience
- Strong problem solving skills with creative approaches
- Growth Mindset: We are a growing company and need people who will take initiative, fail fast, and learn from their mistakes to be successful in the role
- Dangerous curiosity, not afraid to ask questions, learn about our business, our technology, our open roles, and what makes Sovrn a great place to work.
- The skills to work independently but to also ask for help, direction, clarification when needed
- Superb organizational skills, strong attention to detail, deadline-driven and punctua
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Any computer science background
- Any other computational language knowledge a plus
This position reports to: Senior Director, Operations - UK
Location: New York
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $50,000 to $70,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.