About the Team
The Creative team is comprised of product and brand designers who collaborate to solve important problems for publishers. The product designers focus mainly on designing the Sovrn platform, while the brand designers work on marketing efforts including the Sovrn website, promotional materials, infographics, and anything it takes to communicate the Sovrn mission to customers.
About the Job
As a Product Designer II, you’ll work with an international team on the design and front-end development of best-in-class SaaS business applications. You’ll focus on UI/UX design, and on what constitutes a great user experience—then you’ll work with teams across Sovrn to research, build, and execute products that influence the entire publishing industry. You’ll be heavily involved in user research and user testing, so it’s essential that you’re able to effectively collaborate with others, as well as communicate clearly with team members of diverse backgrounds.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Drive the vision, strategy, design and execution of the core framework products that serve as the foundation for Sovrn’s publisher platform
- Product design in Figma — collaborating with product and creative team members, keeping organized files, presenting iterative work to colleagues and test users
- Product discovery alongside design and engineering teams to design and test prototypes
- Use rapid prototyping and user testing techniques to minimize the risk of investment
- Establish a feedback loop with internal and external stakeholders and use feedback to guide product prioritization
- Participate in agile ceremonies to ensure the engineering team delivers products that meet or exceed expectations
- Research market conditions and industry leadership to ensure that product strategy both predicts and takes advantage of emerging trends
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to position and message new products for go-to-market efforts
As with anyone on the creative team, the role will have a high energy, can-do attitude, and a passion for design. The right candidate must thrive in high-stress environments where deadlines are the norm. This person naturally is incredibly organized, dependable, detail-oriented and able to work under tight deadlines. Additionally, this designer must possess an excellent work ethic, undeniable talent, and a good sense of humor. Above all, you love taking a product from concept to launch, and you’re proficient in every step of the design process: from researching, sketching, and wireframing, through to user testing, refinement, prototyping, and development.
The successful candidate will have
- Fluency in: Figma, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision
- Keen understanding of and passion for human-centered design
- The ability to talk about your design solutions and confidence to stand behind your convictions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience analyzing data and turning insights into action
- 3+ years of product design experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technically relevant field preferred, or relevant work experience
- A background in UI/UX design
- A background in consumer-facing analytics products
- Demonstrable passion for great design
- Familiarity with the React framework and Google Material Guidelines
Position Reports to: Creative Director
Location: London, United Kingdom
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.