About the Team
The Legal & Compliance team supports Sovrn growth by providing oversight and guidance for operating in compliance with our contractual and regulatory obligations. We help Sovrn teams understand the playing field, and participate in relationship building with our customers and partners. Our goal is to assess and address business risk, working cross-functionally across teams while subscribing to Sovrn mission and values.
About the Job
As the Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance operations are efficient and scalable, with an eye for process improvement opportunities. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment with an affinity for building relationships along with empathy for the challenges facing Sovrn’s internal business teams.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Serves as project manager for internal enterprise compliance initiatives, acting as the liaison between the Legal, Product, Engineering, Publisher Services, and Ad Operations teams.
- Oversees the management of data rights requests in order to ensure timely response and responsible data handling.
- Develops, implements, and oversees control processes and systems to prevent violations of data and privacy laws and ensures Sovrn’s continued compliance with legal, and regulatory requirements.
- Develops, implements, and oversees control processes and systems to prevent violations of applicable certifications, such as TAG Compliance, DAA/EDAA, and participates in various working groups representing Sovrn's interests.
- Coordinate third-party audits, serving as the liaison between external auditors and the business teams required to support compliance.
- Understands the technologies that create privacy and data security challenges in order to advise on compliance requirements.
- Assists in delivering company training on data privacy requirements and good advertising guidelines.
- Partners with Product Management to integrate Sovrn’s privacy compliance and risk management objectives into Sovrn’s product strategy.
- Maintains a strong understanding of the changing privacy regulations related to Sovrn’s business (such as GDPR, CCPA).
You are driven and have proven ability to efficiently manage a variety of projects with a timely, efficient manner with strong follow through skills. You have experience and expertise in data privacy and compliance, where you proactively implement processes with effective, measurable controls. You’re comfortable working with a wide variety of people, and respect the perspectives of those that disagree with you. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent experience working in Privacy and Compliance
- Experience independently managing third-party audits
- High attention to detail and be able to process a high volume of information quickly and accurately
- Proactively review current procedures and confidently make recommendations for improvements with consideration to stakeholders
- Prioritize and strategically work through tasks with appropriate and dedicated urgency
- Possess strong business acumen and the ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Self-starter and organized with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem solving skills with creative approaches.
- Clear, concise and engaging written and oral communicator
- Dangerously curious, not afraid to ask questions, learn about our business, our technology
- Ability to build trust-based relationships to build on a culture of compliance and serve as a dependable resource to team
- CIPM or CIPT Certification preferred
- Experience maintaining compliance to, or operating under, industry self-regulatory frameworks (e.g., TAG, IAB, DAA, NAI, etc.)
- Familiarity with current ad tech landscape and Sovrn’s value proposition in the market
- Specific knowledge/experience in ad serving and/or other advertising technology systems
Position Reports to: Director, Privacy and Compliance
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $70,000 to $100,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.