About the Team
We are a fully integrated team with product management, QA, and Engineers all together. Our competitive advantage as a company depends on this customer facing platform being among the best in the world, and that world moves very quickly. Since we need to stay quick and nimble, our team is made up of people who love to learn and love to act on and share their new found knowledge
About the Job
As a Senior Software Engineer on Sovrn’s Advertising Team you will work on a small autonomous team in an agile environment. You will be responsible for implementing server-side and client side logic that leverages the collective data to improve the performance of Sovrn’s publisher products. You will build tools into Sovrn’s new Web Platform powered by Sovrn’s Exchange. We exist in open market conditions so time to market and value add are key differentiators. The fast paced and complex industry coupled with tight code SLAs require our applications to push the boundaries of performance and scalability. You will play a key role in defining and implementing our next generation stack.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with other teams building into the platform to determine the best technical solutions
- Work in an agile environment and participate in conceptualizing and implementing platform features for our global web properties.
- Make data-driven decisions and assist team with designing high volume data ingest pipelines
- Evaluate ML and cloud based platforms and services as needed
- Identifying ways to optimize our 40 billion daily transactions
- Provide design directives to other software engineers, including how to construct and integrate software components in order to meet all functional and non-functional requirements.
- Evaluate and select platform technologies and open-source components to enable platform build-out and solve engineering problems.
- Participate in design & peer code review process
- Advocate and follow best design and development practices adhering to Sovrn’s architectural tenets
- Get involved in all aspects of the technology landscape, including working with Kubernetes, managing pipelines, supporting our AWS infrastructure and working with multiple databases
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You understand that making software do the right thing is only part of the battle - you also must think about what can cause your software to fail. You’re comfortable working with a wide variety of people, and respect the perspectives of those that disagree with you. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant equivalent experience
- Experience in Full life Cycle software development
- Experience utilizing test automation, CI/CD frameworks and tools
- Prior Release Management experience required
- Hands-on experience in designing and building APIs and micro-services
- Advanced knowledge of distributed systems architecture and cloud technologies.
- Exposure to Java 8 or above
- Advanced knowledge of NoSQL data store technologies and polyglot persistence (Couchbase, Cassandra, etc..).
- Advanced understanding of application security standards and best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of software operationalization, performance tuning, threading and modularization.
- Proven history working in AWS environment
- Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, Presto, etc.)
- Understanding of Data center domain with networking knowledge is a huge plus.
- Familiarity with Docker, Mesos, Serverless architectures such as AWS Lambda, and/or DynamoDB, ECS, EC2, S3, SQS, Kinesis, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Athena, Aurora, RDS, K8s, SageMaker.
Position Reports to: Manager, Software Engineering
Location: Boulder, CO
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $115,000 to $155,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.