About the Team
We are an extremely hard working Sales team that understands the importance of selling, but knows when to pump the breaks. We hold our relationships with buyers second to none and pride ourselves on our ability to keep our clients extremely happy. We collaborate. We sell. We close. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s possible, our team is made up of people who love to learn.
About the Job
The Sales Development Representative is a pivotal position to the future success of Sovrn. As an integral part of our sales team, you are helping to generate new business by building strong lead lists, prospecting and then developing your leads through a sales pipeline. This is an opportunity for someone to make an impact on the bottom line and learn the ad-tech industry.
What you will be doing:
- Proactively seek new business opportunities, manage the sales cycle from prospecting, qualification to introduction.
- Develop relationships with buyers via email and calls.
- Expertly manage communication: from onboarding to serving as the day-to-day point person for our buyers and networks
- Listen for buyer's pain points and understand their needs.
- Work with the Demand sales team to identify a solution/sell and close buyer’s.
- Prospect, call, and nurture leads
- Book meetings through outbound calls
- Gain a deep understanding of our advertisers’ business goals and turn data into compelling stories and actionable insights to help them succeed
You are a curious and driven individual who is highly organized, with strong interpersonal skills and has a hunter mentality. You work just as easily independently and on small teams. You are intellectually curious and have a keen interest in the digital marketing industry. You are interested in a career in Sales and are taking steps to get there.
The successful candidate will have:
- 0-2 years knowledge of sales
- Ability to think strategically, understand the art of writing emails and following up for potential campaigns, and translate these needs into compelling concepts and solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable on the phone speaking to leads
- Highly detail-oriented, and able to thrive in deadline-driven environment
- Results oriented and motivated - ready to level up to your career goals.
- Curiosity: You’re a “forever learner” with an insatiable desire to gain new skills and knowledge.
- Enthusiasm. A fun and energetic co-worker.
- You like the pace of a start-up -gets excited by a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Buyer service focused. Create a great first impression for prospects by providing them with a best in class experience
- Outstanding analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a dynamic environment
- Online advertising experience with ad tech companies through a role at a DSP, SSP, ad network, data company, or ad exchange
- Bonus points for experience with Salesforce or LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Position Reports to: VP, Demand & Agency Partnerships
Location: New York
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.