About the Team
As a member of the Data Foundation team, you will help drive the evolution of this platform towards increased resiliency, scalability and reliability in a cloud-native and flexible architecture. Our competitive advantage as a company depends on this foundation being among the best in the world, and that world moves very rapidly. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s possible, our team is made up of people who love to learn.
About the Job
The Data Foundation team manages the ingest of our real-time ad activity streams (billions of events per day) as well as curating petabytes of data for our Data Science and Application Engineering teams. This data powers our current and all future products.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and building the next generation of our data platform and data collective
- Support our existing platform - ingest, curation and export of data assets - and identify areas for improvement in stability, resiliency, scale or speed
- Partner with QA automation engineering to validate data pipelines and complex analytical automation
- Troubleshoot systemic issues and lead improvements
- Working with a team of outstanding software engineers and data scientists, covering a wide range of experience and perspectives at massive scale.
- Breaking down a full project plan in to incremental deliveries, and tracking your work against those steps
- Learning new tech and new ways to apply what you already know
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You understand that making software do the right thing is only part of the battle - you also must think about what can cause your software to fail. You’re comfortable working with a wide variety of people, and respect the perspectives of those that disagree with you. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Software engineering experience and a passion for learning and teaching
- Understanding of big data and distributed computing at scale
- Experience with cloud data processing tools in the AWS ecosystem: think EMR, Spark, Hive, kinesis, etc.
- Strong java/scala and Object-Oriented skills
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Desire for professional growth opportunities and to be in a dynamic learning environment
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results
This position reports to: Manager, Data Foundation Engineering
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $115,000 to $155,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.