About the Team
Sales Operations covers a lot of ground and can mean different things to different teams and organizations. Here at Sovrn, our SalesOps team sees the big picture and drives strategy all while getting into the nitty gritty of process and details. We are the critical link between the development and the execution of sales and go-to-market strategy. We evaluate options, make decisions and put them in play.
About the Job
Sovrn is looking for a Director, Sales Operations to build and lead a high performing Sales Operations team. As the leader of the Sales Operations team, you are responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of Sovrn’s sales tools, systems, and processes. You will serve as a collaborative, cross functional partner in helping Sovrn exceed our revenue growth targets by increasing sales productivity. We are looking for a strategically minded and operationally focused leader who can help define the vision for the Sales Operations team. You will partner with the President and VP Marketing to drive high-functioning revenue acquisition and retention, driving increasing lifetime value relative to customer acquisition costs over time.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with sales stakeholders to develop, implement, and execute sales processes for the company’s three customer teams (Publishers, Demand Partners, Data Partners).
- Understand the business and critical success factors, identify and remove barriers, and increase sales team efficiency to drive revenue growth.
- Formulate key performance indicators for all sales functions and partner with sales leadership to understand drivers of performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with Finance to produce accurate, data-driven forecasts.
- Work with Sales Leadership and Finance to develop incentive compensation plans for all market facing teams and track attainment to targets.
- As a key stakeholder of the company’s CRM (Salesforce), partner with other stakeholders and technical resources to optimize the system configuration and define best practices.
You are a curious and driven individual who enjoys understanding how systems work and improving upon them. You’re comfortable directing multidisciplinary teams and can manage multiple competing priorities. You know what “good” looks like and possess the desire and skillset to make that vision a reality.
The successful candidate will have:
- 8+ years experience leading a Sales Operations team
- Experience defining best-in-class sales support processes and building a team to achieve desired outcomes
- Previous ownership of overarching revenue operations strategy for a SaaS or B2B software company
- Experience setting and managing compensation planning and performance reporting processes
- Experience leading pipeline management and progression reporting
- Experience building, evolving and guiding user processes
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce
- Data analytics background - setting, establishing and maintaining operations team KPI’s
This position reports to: VP, Financial Planning and Analysis, with a dotted line to the President
Location: Boulder, CO
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $145,000 to $190,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.