About the Team
At Sovrn, the Reliability team plays an integral role building and maintaining our low latency, high performance, scalable infrastructure. Reliability engineering focuses on enabling frameworks that streamline full stack delivery using automation to increase feature velocity while meeting production service level commitments. This team is a key driver of the collaborative culture across engineering to enable product delivery across all of our applications. We focus to build and keep a high level of excellence, driving a culture of learning, positivity and humor, as well as mutual respect and humility in all that we do.
About the Job
As the manager of the Reliability team, you will help drive the evolution of Sovrn’s platform towards increased resiliency, scalability and reliability in a cloud-native and flexible architecture. Our competitive advantage as a company depends on this platform being among the best in the world, and that world moves very rapidly. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s technologically possible, our team is made up of people who love to learn.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Overall management and mentorship of team working on cross functional initiatives across the engineering organization.
- Mentor engineers to develop their career plans and assign project work tailored to their skill sets and aspirations, providing continuous feedback to help them grow, providing coaching in a consistent way
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product stakeholders to manage project prioritization and progress
- Able to work with cross functional teams and translate functional requirements into technical design and implementations.
- Work with other engineering leaders to continuously improve the overall development processes.
- Break down a full project plan in to incremental deliveries, and track the team’s work against those steps
- Track and manage key engineering metrics such as team velocity, quality and team morale
- Foster a culture of strong engineering design, delivery and excellence
You are an empathic leader, excellent communicator, strong on program management and organizing a diverse team. You are engaging and possess strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to foster great collaboration. You’re comfortable working with a wide variety of people, and respect the perspectives of those that disagree with you. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, or a related field; or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile development processes
- Understanding and experience implementing DevOps practices
- Experience managing cloud platforms (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate and motivate teams toward a common goal.
- Passion and drive to help the team improve and deliver great products.
- Active listening and respect for others opinions and ideas.
- You are technical enough to understand the products and what the team is doing.
- Demonstrated success in coaching and mentoring others.
- Experience managing and leading an Agile Software Development team.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Cloud based applications and architectures
- Experience with Cloud transformations
This position reports to: VP, Foundation Engineering
Location: Boulder, CO
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $150,000 to $170,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.