About the Team
The Growth team is responsible for prospecting leads, helping publishers discover new products, and driving revenue growth for Sovrn. Our goal is to be world class in everything we do, from the service we provide our publishers to our interactions with teammates and colleagues. We’re a lean and efficient group from around the world, and we ground our work in a sense of community that’s built on our collective strengths. We help each other excel professionally with regular training and empathetic feedback sessions, and we take our team building exercises just as seriously. Our mission is simple: give publishers the tools they need to do more of what they love and less of what they don’t.
About the Job
The Sales Development Representative is a pivotal position to the future success of Sovrn. As an integral part of our sales team, you are responsible for generating new business leads by searching all corners of the internet, Linkedin, etc. In addition you will be asked to use your creativity in ways to help drive additional growth for our publisher team. This is an opportunity for someone to have a direct impact on our future while gaining valuable experience into the ad-tech industry.
What you will be doing:
- Proactively seek new business opportunities, manage the sales cycle from lead generation, qualification and then transferring to the team
- Categorize prospective clients based on business needs
- Identify prospective clients through resources provided and independent research
- Develop strategic approaches to find new prospects, current and past clients, using LinkedIn, Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, and other available sources of information to identify new business opportunities and develop prospect- and client-specific profile information
- Assist in monitoring market trends and analyzing competition
- Identifying solutions to best obtain contact information
- Utilize individual and mass email for prospecting
- Prepare and manage all prospecting lists
- Gain a deep understanding of our products and services
You have strong analytical abilities as well as communication skills to help our Publisher Growth team better understand who their contacts are. You are coachable and are committed to being a great teammate. You are intellectually curious, creative and have a desire to learn and improve.
The successful candidate will have:
- Sales development experience
- Ability to think strategically, understanding the art of research and prospecting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented, and able to thrive in deadline-driven environment
- Results oriented and motivated - ready to level up to your career goals
- Curiosity: You’re a “forever learner” with an insatiable desire to gain new skills and knowledge
- Enthusiasm. A fun and energetic co-worker
- You like the pace of a start-up -gets excited by a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Outstanding analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a dynamic environment
- SDR/BDR experience with ad tech companies through a role at a DSP, SSP, ad network, data company, or ad exchange
- Bonus points for experience with Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Looker, Similar Web
Position Reports to: Manager, Publisher Growth
Location: This position is located in Boulder, CO. Although we are all working remotely right now, this is not a 100% remote position, we will need this person to be in the Boulder office when we do go back into the office (timing unknown, we will go back in when it is safe).
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!