About the Team
The Publisher Advancement Team is an exciting new opportunity at Sovrn created with the goal of helping publishers grow by delivering proactive and dedicated full-stack support and analysis across all functions of their business.
About the Job
You'll be working with your team to understand the common trends with publishers in specific verticals. You'll be able to analyze these trends and formulate some solutions we can take to our publishers to help them better understand their business. We will be utilizing a "sprint" format to ensure that we hit our deadlines and our KPI's.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage a success team whose goal is to drive success for a group of 1000-1500 publishers
- Partner with the other success managers and the marketing and design team to develop an onboarding framework that sets your publishers up for success, continued opportunity and happiness
- Actively engage with your publishers to improve and “engineer” what should feel like a personalized Sovrn experience
- Regularly track the overall health of your publishers and identify solutions to help your team be proactive and anticipate customer needs
- Identify a set of daily and weekly metrics/KPIs that help your team understand if they are achieving the long term goals you have set.
- Convert your relationship with the publisher into one of advocacy, find opportunities to improve their metrics (viewability, yield, bounce rate, engagement etc.) and drive more value for them.
- Support them through product implementations, and develop a regular cadence for collecting their feedback on our products and services
- Share learnings, ideas, and success with the other Publisher Success Managers
- Proactively provide your publishers with regular (monthly or quarterly) insights on their performance, health, and opportunities.
- Identify Sovrn products that will help your publishers achieve further success and partner with the best group of experts (pub growth / services) to engage your publishers in these products.
- Identify and monitor activity of volatile accounts, reporting on upcoming or ongoing impacts to the overall exchange
- Understand publisher types (Ideal, Non-Ideal - Direct, Indirect) and maintain classifications within group of publishers
- Identify opportunities for upsells, engaging the Publisher Growth team to drive them forward
You are a self starter and able to get the job done without micro management. You have to be comfortable with change as this is a new team and we will have to evolve as we learn. You need to be comfortable working in a team environment and be able to collaborate with other people in similar roles.
The successful candidate will have:
- Sees obstacles as opportunities
- Empathy for others and our customers
- Empowered to speak up
- Communicates openly and honestly
- Wants to learn!
- Consultative approach to problem solving and cross-functional partnership
- Digital Media experience/knowledge
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, or SalesForce
- Ad Tech experience/knowledge
- Leadership/team lead experience
Position Reports to: Director, Publisher Advancement Accounts
Locations: This position is located in Boulder, CO. Although we are all working remotely right now, this is not a 100% remote position, we will need this person to be in the Boulder office when we do return.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!