About the Team
As a member of the Sovrn Commerce team, you will help e-commerce advertisers (“merchants”) earn incremental sales via our large and growing network of influential publishers. We live on the emerging edge of what’s possible and our team is made up of people who love to learn and are passionate about our customer’s success.
About the Job
The Account Executive, Sponsored Content is a pivotal role in the Commerce organization. As a member of the Demand team, you will work with merchants to create sponsored content that will reach new customer segments, increase brand exposure and drive incremental sales for our clients. This is an opportunity for you to make an impact in a direct customer facing role while deepening your knowledge of the affiliate / commerce space.
What you’ll be doing:
- Sponsored Content Delivery
- Work with Marketing and Publisher teams to deliver optimal opportunities for sponsored posts and sponsored content
- Share merchant feedback with Product and Marketing teams
- Account Management
- Establish customer performance process to build a pipeline of recurring and predictable revenue
- Manage upsell and cross-sell targets for existing clients
- Well planned and strategic client outreach to identify and qualify expansion opportunities
- Retain and grow existing merchant clients through earning their trust by providing data insights, strategic recommendations, planning guidance, and industry insight
- New business pipeline and forecasting in SalesForce CRM
- Exceed sales targets on new customer identification, qualification, smart planning and campaign execution
- Gain a deep understanding of our merchants business goals and through your expertise and knowledge, create compelling content to help them succeed
- Manage Insertion Order (I/O) processes
- Bring new advertisers from initial contact through to final approval
- Represent Sovrn to merchants at trade shows and conferences
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You are highly coachable while being able to work autonomously. You recognize and act on opportunities to be proactive when supporting clients. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be an excellent listener
- Ability to adapt and respond to multiple incoming requests and shifting priorities
- Track record managing existing clients and acquiring new
- Interest or experience in the Commerce ecosystem
- Attention to detail and ability to process information quickly and accurately
- Strong project management, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to design and articulate solutions for customers challenges
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Confidence to make decisions on behalf of the team for areas of responsibility
- Internet savvy with a strong proficiency in office productivity tools (Gmail, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Confluence/JIRA, Salesforce CRM)
- Understanding and ability to navigate BI reporting tools such as Looker, Tableau, Grafana, and Metamarkets
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant working experience
- Experience creating and optimizing listings for paid campaign placements across multiple products and product categories
- Understanding of the affiliate / commerce ecosystem
This position reports to: Director, Commerce Demand
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer