About the Job
As the Go-To-Market Leader, you will take on a dynamic and multifaceted role to increase, improve and expand our customer relationships across 3 major business lines. The GTM leadership role is tasked with developing and implementing repeatable and scalable processes that drive new customer acquisition, improve retention rates, and increase the number of products per customer.
You will be our market-facing leader who understands our customers and is constantly looking for new ways to solve customer problems. You will drive our revenue engine, creating ways to expand our customer base and improve customer satisfaction. You will be a partner to leaders and front-line managers across the company to help set and exceed revenue growth and efficiency targets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understand and empathize with our customers challenges, anxieties, and opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to drive new growth and deepen engagement with existing customers.
- Implement repeatable and scalable processes to drive efficient customer acquisition and retention across all routes to market including direct sales, self-service, referral programs, and reseller channels
- Development, oversight and management of efficient go-to-market processes and procedures, including: pipeline, forecasting, commission plans, sales operations, customer success and regular budgeting & financial planning for all our customer types and product lines.
You learn like it’s your job. You ask questions, and you don’t settle for unsatisfying answers. You’re driven, thoughtful, and entrepreneurial. You have the proven ability to manage nimble, high performing teams while also being “in the trenches.” You welcome the challenge of being in a business-critical leadership position, bringing in your expertise to deliver and lead our customer-facing business and strategy. Above all, you’re determined to find new ways to approach and solve complex problems.
The successful candidate:
- Insanely curious about the customer and how we can solve their problems
- Highly analytical with the ability to dissect data points to build effective strategies
- 10+ years proven experience as a operational, market facing, go-to-market leader
- 10+ years of management experience, preferably in growing/scaling companies that address SMB customers
- You are passionate about mentoring teams and are a leader who inspires confidence and results-orientation
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead and manage execution
- Ability to forecast the business accurately, and ensure operations are measured and optimized to align with sales, budget, and marketing targets
- Ability to prioritize and work through tasks with appropriate and dedicated urgency\
- Possess exceptional relationship building and communication skills between internal and external stakeholders
- Seek out direct feedback and learn and grow from it
- Highly proactive
- Initiative to improve or enhance existing programs and processes
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the online publishing (media) industry, advertising, and ecommerce
- Minimum BA/BS degree
This position reports to: CEO
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 7,000 customers deploying one or more products across more than 40,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 350M daily active consumers across more than 7B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!