**This position is at our HQ in Boulder, Colorado**
About the Job
As the VP, Marketing, you will take on a leadership role in the way we understand, empathize, and communicate with our customers. Your responsibilities will include driving the strategy, development, and execution of marketing programs and campaigns that drive clear business results. You will be a partner and trusted stakeholder to leaders and managers across the company to help set and exceed customer growth and retention targets.
About the Team
The Sovrn Marketing team is the voice of Sovrn and is responsible for communicating our core values and the problems we solve for our customers. We are a team that loves to collaborate and do. We live on the edge of what’s possible. Our team is made up of people who love to learn.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understand and empathize with our customers challenges, anxieties, and opportunities.
- Develop Sovrn’s external messages that clearly place the customer’s needs first.
- Drive internal communication of our external positioning and messaging - and why.
- Partner with the in-market teams to develop and execute on tactical marketing plans for the products offered by Sovrn.
- Identifying opportunities and projects to drive new growth and deeper engagement with existing customers.
- Manage all marketing operations, using vendors such as Hubspot, Salesforce, and Calendly.
- Understand and help with pipeline planning, budgeting, forecasting, and ROI processes.
You learn like it’s your job—because it is. You ask questions, and you don’t settle for unsatisfying answers. You’re driven, thoughtful, and entrepreneurial. You have the proven ability to manage nimble, high performing teams while also being “in the trenches.” You welcome the challenge of being in a business-critical leadership position, bringing in your expertise to deliver and lead our marketing business and strategy. Above all, you’re determined to find new ways to approach and solve complex problems.
The successful candidate:
- Insanely curious about the customer and how we can solve their problems
- Focused more on results than tactics
- Minimum 10 years proven experience as a marketing leader
- 5+ years of management experience, preferably in growing/scaling companies
- Minimum BA/BS degree
- You are passionate about mentoring teams and are a leader who inspires confidence and results-orientation
- Highly analytical with the ability to dissect data points to build effective strategies
- Experience developing a comprehensive marketing strategy, as well as the demonstrated ability to plan, lead and manage execution
- Ability to forecast the marketing funnel, and ensure campaigns are measured and optimized to align with sales, budget, and marketing targets
- Ability to prioritize and work through tasks with appropriate and dedicated urgency
- Possess exceptional relationship building and communication skills between internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively seek out feedback and learn and grow from it
- Highly proactive
- Initiative to improve or enhance existing programs and processes
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the online publishing (media) industry.
- Familiarity with online publishing & marketing technology and tools.
This position reports to: CEO
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 7,000 customers deploying one or more products across more than 40,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 350M daily active consumers across more than 7B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!