About the Team
We are an autonomous, agile team focused on delivering functionality to help our customers monetize their advertising real estate and understand customer engagement. We love collaboration, open dialogue and we are passionate about developing high quality, scalable microservice code in a cloud environment. As a member of the Publisher Experience team, you will test the UI platform that our customers use daily for reporting, payments and analytics. There is a plethora of APIs that sit behind the UI. This is a cloud-enabled application that auto-scales when the load increases or decreases.
About the Job
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Own the quality of Sovrn's products, from upfront product design to deployment and measurement.
- Work in and improve our automated testing frameworks and internal tooling.
- Create testing strategies that demonstrate a contextual understanding of Sovrn's products and their value to our publishers.
- Advocate for best practices in testability, code health, infrastructure, and monitoring.
- A team player who can work within Agile development teams and defined test strategies to improvements on the quality of all software deliverables.
- You will need to have previous experience in both manual and automation software testing and will be able to prioritise the areas of functionality requiring automation and identify and document appropriate test cases in detail, including negative tests and boundary conditions.
- Willingness to learn and open mind about new technologies
- Confident to operate in a fast-paced environment
- A collaborative approach and willingness to engage in an environment of active idea sharing
- Ability to learn autonomously
- Excellent all-round communications skills
The successful candidate will have:
- Automation QA with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Automation
- Experience with executing automation tests on CI
- Experience in working with cloud-based environments
- Strong experience in UI automation frameworks example: Cypress IO
- Knowledge of Agile and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm for developing tooling and tests that proactively address ambiguous and non-deterministic problems.
- Able to troubleshoot issues and predict challenges related to UI design and API calls.
- Prepared to demonstrate an opinion on when to apply software quality best practices and tooling.
- Strong ability to articulate technical problems and solutions to fellow engineers and business stakeholders.
- Experience with performance, accessibility or other non-functional testing
- At least basic understanding of AWS, Kubernetes
Position Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager (Located in Boulder, CO)
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer