About the Team
We are an extremely hard working team that understands the importance of creating products that solve customer problems. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s possible, our team is made up of people who love to learn, innovate and deliver.
About the Job
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll spearhead the delivery of best-in-class data solutions. You’ll develop inspiring product visions, and turn those visions into strategic actions that align with company goals. You’ll focus on creating data products that solve customer problems — then you’ll work with teams across Sovrn to research, build, and execute products that influence the entire publishing and media industry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving the vision, strategy, design and execution of new data products that solve important business problems
- Leading product discovery alongside design and engineering teams to create and test prototypes
- Using your knowledge to minimize the risk of investment in new opportunities
- Interviewing key stakeholders about product initiatives, then understanding, prioritizing, and managing those initiatives
- Leading agile ceremonies to ensure the engineering team delivers products that meet or exceed expectations
- Execute through experimentation, and know how to understand success through metrics
- Researching market conditions and industry leadership to ensure that product strategy both predicts and takes advantage of emerging trends
- Collaborating with marketing teams to position and message new products for go-to-market efforts
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You anticipate problems before they happen, and you have a backup solution. You’re comfortable working with and managing multidisciplinary teams across multidisciplinary projects. Above all, you’re open to learning, and you’re not afraid to take out the trash.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of product management experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technically relevant field
- Skill at taking nebulous business ideas and translating them into detailed product plans
- Demonstrable success in “starting-up” products with zero revenue, and developing business models to fuel growth and financial success
- The ability to persuade diverse stakeholders, and the confidence to stand behind your convictions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience analyzing data and turning insights into action
Good to have:
- A passion for helping content creators do more of what they love (creating) and less of what they don’t (operating their businesses)
- A background in data products and/or the ad technology industry
This position reports to: Director, Product Management
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!