We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated Marketing Intern to join the Sovrn Marketing team in the Summer of 2020 (June 4, - August 14). In this role, you will learn to design and execute marketing campaigns, work cross-functionally to promote all Sovrn products, and track key success metrics across all marketing efforts. You will gain broad experience in various aspects of marketing including social media, public relations, campaign management, and the digital advertising industry.
About the job
The Sovrn Marketing team is the voice of Sovrn, and is responsible for communicating our core values and products to potential partners and customers. The Marketing team works closely with the Sales, Product, Engineering and Support teams to understand the needs of our users and help them grow their businesses. As part of our dynamic internship program, you’ll gain solid exposure to modern-day marketing, and expand upon your professional skill set in a unique and fun environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Learn to set up and utilize a number of industry-utilized Marketing tools (including Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Calendly, Autopilot, and Salesforce)
- Work with Growth Marketing to report and monitor campaign effectiveness & ROI
- Partner to plan and execute the marketing campaign calendar, creatively working on new ways to educate, persuade, and inspire our target audiences
- Build social media presence and explore new ways to generate and promote brand awareness
- Support PR outreach by identifying thought leadership opportunities
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You’re excited to work with a team that loves exploring new territory, changes directions easily, and thinks outside the box. Above all, you’re determined to find new ways to approach complex problems.
The successful candidate will have:
- Current undergraduate (junior or senior) with a course of study focused on marketing, communications, business, or a related discipline
- Ability to work 40 hours a week during the summer months
- Quick learner with the ability to adapt and learn a wide variety of marketing technologies
- Highly organized, with a great work ethic and proactive mindset
- Outstanding written and verbal communicator
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with marketing automation platforms (like Hubspot, Pardot, Marketo, etc.)
- Experience with creating and tracking marketing campaigns
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!