We are looking for a Software Engineering intern for the Summer of 2019 (June 4, 2020 - August 14, 2020), who will work with our Data Platform Team, by completing and presenting projects that fulfill immediate business needs. You’ll gain solid exposure in the areas of:
- Cloud Computing the AWS Ecosystem: think EMR, Spark, hive, kafka, etc.
- Big Data (peak hours exceed 1B events/hour, feeding a multi-petabyte data lake)
- Software Engineering and Data Science integrating at a massive scale
As part of our dynamic internship program, you will expand upon your professional skill set in a unique and fun environment.
About the job
Your specific project will depend a lot on what you bring to the job, and what you most want to learn over the summer. My commitment to you is that we define a project together that will challenge you and grow your skills, with the support to give you a reasonable shot to complete it and send you back to school with a great sense of pride and accomplishment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with a team of outstanding software engineers and data scientists, covering a wide range of experience and perspectives
- Breaking down a full project plan in to incremental deliveries, and tracking your work against those steps
- Learning new tech and new ways to apply what you already know
- Seeing the results of your work in our bottom line
- Giving a kick-ass presentation of your work to an appreciative audience at the end of your internship
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You understand that making software do the right thing is only part of the battle - you also must think about what can cause your software to fail. You’re comfortable working with a wide variety of people, and respect the perspectives of those that disagree with you. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Undergraduate with a planned graduation in 2020 or 2021, pursuing your BS/BA in Computer Science, or Applied Math with a CS focus
- Ability to work 40 hours a week during the summer at our Boulder office
- Solid Java skills
- Desire for professional growth opportunities and to be in a dynamic learning environment
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results
Good to have:
- Experience in the AWS ecosystem
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!