We are looking for a Site Reliability intern for the Summer of 2020 (June 4 - August 14), who will support our Reliability Engineering team by completing and presenting projects that fulfill immediate business needs. You’ll gain solid exposure to the DevOps, Software Delivery Life Cycle, Agile, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Jenkins and AWS as part of our dynamic internship program and expand upon your professional skill set in a unique and fun environment.
About the Job
As a Site Reliability Intern at Sovrn you will perform hands-on engineering for full stack provisioning “DevOps” automation. Reliability Engineering includes deployment pipelines, software configuration management, infrastructure configuration management, containerization frameworks,monitoring and performance engineering.
The goal of Reliability Engineering is to streamline full stack delivery using automation in order to increase velocity of new features while meeting production service levels commitments. This role is a participant in the culture to create a collaborative partnership across application, data platform, reliability, and quality engineering to enable the delivery and service management flows
What you’ll be doing:
- Understanding of DevOps trends
- Support operational delivery and execution of key Sovrn applications
- Develop critical software, integration, and tools needed to achieve reliability goals
- Partner with feature team engineering, data platform, data science, and external data partners to enable business deliverables
- Troubleshoot systemic issues and implement improvements
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You anticipate problems before they happen, and you have a backup solution. You’re comfortable working with and managing multidisciplinary teams across multidisciplinary projects. Above all, you’re open to learning, and you’re not afraid to take out the trash.
The successful candidate will have:
- Undergraduate studies in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to work 40 hours a week during the summer at our Boulder office
- Experience with scripting
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Willingness to be curious
- Enjoys solving diverse problems
Nice to haves:
- AWS experience
- Kubernetes experience
- Jenkins experience
- Linux experience
- Understanding of DevOps
- Shell scripting experience
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!