We are looking for a Data Science intern for June 4, 2020 - August 14, 2020 who will support the Data Science team by completing and presenting projects that fulfill immediate business needs. You’ll gain solid exposure to the digital data ecosystem as part of our dynamic internship program and expand upon your professional skill set in a unique and fun environment.
About the job
As a Data Science intern you will be responsible for assisting the Data Science team in its support of the Data Solutions business development team. This role is at the intersection of Data Science and Data Engineering. Example tasks and projects may include productionalizing existing models and developing classification models using NLP, topic analysis, and other data science skills. The Data Science intern is responsible for contributing to the growth of Sovrn’s Data as a Service (DaaS) business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Monitoring and optimizing current data product offerings
- Developing proofs of concept for new data product offerings
- Troubleshooting job failures and data outages
- Monitoring reports to gauge system health through AWS BI tools
- Staying up to date with industry trends through personal research and initiative
You’re driven, thoughtful, curious, and organized. You anticipate problems before they happen, and you have a backup solution. You’re comfortable working with and managing multidisciplinary projects. Above all, you’re open to learning.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Undergraduate coursework in pursuit of a bachelor's degree.
- Excitement about being part of a fast paced Data Science team.
- Ability to work 40 hours a week.
- Experience with Google Drive programs such as Docs, Sheets and Slides.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Desire for professional growth opportunities and to be in a dynamic learning environment.
- Strong organizational skills and capable of prioritizing and managing daily duties.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving and results.
- Experience with Python, AWS, Bash, Git, and SQL is preferred.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!