About the Team
The Publisher Advancement team are the publisher advocates at Sovrn. We proactively improve performance, streamline implementations, deliver market insights and offer technical advancements to support publishers. Creating and maintaining better Publisher experiences through focused relationship building, improved communication cadence and a more robust knowledge share will lead to meaningful product feedback, useful data and increased additional opportunities.
About the Job
Managing a fundamental team, leading cross-departmental initiatives and constantly improving processes is what this role requires. You'll be working with a team of Account Managers and Analysts to understand common trends with publishers in specific verticals and the formulating strategies to communicate, consult and measure the success of those strategies. The Director needs to be dedicated to optimization and feedback loops through structured outreach; leading to trust, loyalty and opportunities.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage a team of Managers and Analysts whose goals are to drive success for our publishers
- Partner with the other department leaders and the marketing and design team to develop an onboarding framework that sets your publishers up for success, continued opportunity and happiness
- Actively engage managed publishers to improve and “engineer” what should feel like a personalized Sovrn experience
- Regularly track the overall health all publishers and identify solutions to help your team be proactive and anticipate customer needs
- Identify a set of daily and weekly metrics/KPIs that help your team understand if they are achieving the long term goals you have set.
- Share learnings, ideas, and success with the rest of the Publisher Advocacy leadership team.
- Proactively provide your team with regular (monthly or quarterly) insights on their performance, health, and opportunities.
- Manage a quarterly review of all managed accounts; Identify reclassification, cross-product leads for Growth and optimization opportunities
- Own all KPI/metrics for the Publisher Advancement, Accounts team
You are a self starter and able to get the job done without micro management. You have to be comfortable with change as this is a new team structure and we will have to evolve as we learn. You need to be comfortable working in a team environment and be able to collaborate with other people in similar roles.
The successful candidate will have:
- Sees obstacles as opportunities
- Proven Leadership abilities
- Communicates openly and honestly
- Digital Media experience/knowledge
- Experience using Confluence, or
- Experience using Salesforce
- Sr. Account Management experience
- Proficiency with Atlassian platform
- Proficiency with Salesforce platform
Position Reports to: VP, Publisher Advancement
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in silos – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!