About the Team
The Data Platform team manages the ingest and curation of data from a variety of internal and external sources, each with distinct validation, access control and lifecycle requirements. All of Sovrn’s products contribute to and directly benefit from this data collective, and so this team is foundational to everything we do for our customers. The best way for us to build and keep this high level of excellence is to live within a culture of learning, positivity and humor, as well as mutual respect and humility in all that we do.
About the Job
As the manager of the Data Platform team, you will help drive the evolution of this platform towards increased resiliency, scalability and reliability in a cloud-native and flexible architecture. Our competitive advantage as a company depends on this platform being among the best in the world, and that world moves very rapidly. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s possible, our team is made up of people who love to learn.
What you'll be doing:
- Overall management and mentorship of team working on a high volume, highly available, mission critical system
- Mentor engineers to develop their career plans and assign project work tailored to their skill sets and aspirations, providing continuous feedback to help them grow, providing coaching in a consistent way
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product stakeholders to manage project prioritization and progress
- Able to work with cross functional teams and translate functional requirements into technical design and implementations.
- Work with other engineering leaders to continuously improve the overall development processes.
- Breaking down a full project plan in to incremental deliveries, and tracking the team’s work against those steps
- Track and manage key engineering metrics such as team velocity, quality and team morale
- Improve code quality and foster a culture of strong engineering design, delivery and excellence
You are an excellent communicator, strong on program management and organizing a diverse team. You are engaging and possess strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to foster great collaboration. You’re comfortable working with a wide variety of people, and respect the perspectives of those that disagree with you. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, or a related field; or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile development processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate and motivate teams toward a common goal.
- Passion and drive to help the team improve and deliver great products.
- Active listening and respect for others opinions and ideas.
- You are technical enough to understand the product and what the team is doing.
- Demonstrated success in coaching and mentoring others.
- Experience managing and leading an Agile Software Development team.
- Basic knowledge of the online advertising and Data industry
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Exposure to big data and cloud based data architectures and platforms
This position reports to: Director, Data Platform Engineering
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!