About the Job
As a Sr. Delivery Manager, you will coach and facilitate the agile process for our engineering teams. This is an opportunity to promote agile best practices and transform into a high performing team that will deliver valuable products for our customers. The Sr. Delivery Manager is integral to the success of this team.
About the Team
We are a small autonomous team that delivers functionality to help our customers monetize their advertising real estate. Collaborative and passionate about our work, we are defining and implementing our next generation stack that is key to our success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Facilitate team-level Agile ceremonies such as Daily Scrums, Product Backlog Refinements, Retrospectives, Sprint Reviews and Sprint Plannings.
- Manage cross-team dependencies for product delivery to ensure a timely release of complete features.
- Removing impediments and isolating root cause of problems and aid in resolutions.
- Coaching, supporting, and initiating continuous improvement within our culture.
- Work with the Product Management team and hold them responsible for maintaining a well-refined backlog.
- Drive collaboration between Product and Engineering.
- Be the oil that keeps the engine of delivery running smoothly.
You are a master communicator, catalyst of collaboration, and driver of delivery. You are engaging and possess strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to foster great collaboration with teams. You will roll up your sleeves to support the team to ensure objects are achieved.
The successful candidate will have:
- 4+ years of Scrum Master experience leading an Agile Software Development team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field; or equivalent experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate and motivate teams toward a common goal.
- Passion and drive to help the team improve and deliver great products.
- Active listening and respect for others opinions and ideas.
- You are technical enough to understand the product and what the team is doing.
- A hunger to learn and ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Experience with a diverse set of management practices (Scrum, Lean, DevOps, Kanban, Waterfall).
- Familiarity organizing and running product inceptions
- Scrum Master Certification
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
Position Reports to: Sr. Director, Engineering
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!