About the Team
The Publisher Advancement Team is an exciting new opportunity at Sovrn created with the goal of helping publishers grow by delivering proactive and dedicated full-stack support and analysis across all functions of their business.
About the Job
You'll be working with your team to understand the common trends with publishers in specific verticals. You'll be able to analyze these trends and formulate some solutions we can take to our publishers to help them better understand their business. We will be utilizing a "sprint" format to ensure that we hit our deadlines and our KPI's.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with the Publisher Advancement Manager in driving success for a group of 1000-1500 publishers
- Partner on project-based work that has the potential to drive success for a group of your publishers
- Partner with the Publisher Advancement Engineer on technical implementations and troubleshooting issues by providing analysis as needed
- Develop analytics on the health of your publisher-base to understand where there are opportunities your team can action on
- Utilize analysis to understand the success of initiatives that your team executes
- With guidance from your Manager, reach out to publishers to provide insights that you believe will help drive more success for them
- Develop a cadence for analyzing your teams achievement of certain key performance indicators
- Develop a cadence for communicating performance analytics to publishers within your client group - consistently try to improve these based on feedback
- Understand the Sovrn product suite so that you can make recommendations for product adoption when you see a good fit
- Partner with the other Analysts to develop new systems, strategies, compile testing data, track broader trends, and execute broader optimization initiatives
You are a self starter and able to get the job done without micro management. You have to be comfortable with change as this is a new team and we will have to evolve as we learn. You need to be comfortable working in a team environment and be able to collaborate with other people in similar roles.
The successful candidate will have:
- 1-2 years of experience in analyst role
- Proficiency using MS Excel and other data and dashboard systems (we currently use Grafana)
- High level of technical aptitude
- Analytical, can tie data to bigger picture
- Sees obstacles as opportunities
- Empathy for others and our customers
- Empowered to speak up
- Communicates openly and honestly
- Problem solver
- Wants to learn!
- Digital Media experience/knowledge
- Experience with SQL or relational databases
Position Reports to: Manager, Publisher Advancement
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in silos – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!