About the Team
The Demand Operations team supports Sovrn’s buy-side customers by ensuring an optimal technical setup, optimizing for campaign KPI’s, and providing outstanding technical support to agencies, buyers, and DSPs. Our goal is to elevate Sovrn as a premier partner to media buyers around the world.
About the Job
The Technical Support Engineer is integral to the team’s ability to act fast and effectively, building operational tools, automating processes, and handling technical escalations as needed.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Provide technical support for new buyer data, commerce and exchange integrations and APIs with advertisers and vendors
- As primary technical contact, provide technical support for demand side products (TAM, EB, DSP, S2S, commerce RTB, etc across all products)
- Create and manage internal tools and workflow automation processes to support internal operational efficiencies and effectiveness including profile repositories, crawlers, targeting data stores, blacklists, whitelists, revenue loop reporting, merchant updates/importing.
- Continuously identify opportunities to automate manual, error prone, fragmented and redundant processes.
- Create and manage third party integrations and services to support internal tools and demand ops, such as categorization, IAS, WhiteOps and Confiant
- Develop and manage analytics and alert dashboards across platform products such as commerce and exchange
- Monitor and manage third party tool monitoring, such as OB Malware Monitoring, Confiant, WhiteOps, IAS.
- Define and evolve a formal best practice to monitor platform health
- Leverage data to discover and troubleshoot under performing or over performing areas of the system including timeouts, demand trends, cookie syncs, traffic support
- Work with the Demand Ops team to define root cause and have it addresses
You have a passion for the customer and willing to see beyond your own limitations. You are scrappy and love to automate the heck out of everything so you can spend more time on what matters most. You are a hacker at heart and above all, love to learn.
The successful candidate will have:
- Analytical skills with an established approach to quantitative analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably Computer Science or a related field
- Ability to learn and adapt to new languages as needed
- Familiarity integrating with APIs and microservices
- Quickly establish trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Provides creative problem solving skills by looking at situations from a different perspective
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Ability to prioritize and strategically work through tasks with appropriate and dedicated urgency
- Organized with ability to work on multiple projects effectively
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with programmatic, digital display, video or affiliate ad operational systems
Position reports to: Manager, Demand Operations
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!